Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

"date transmitted" question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by beached whale, Sep 5, 2001.

1. beached whale

beached whale Member

Maybe this has already been answered, but what exactly does the "date transmitted" mean next to schools when I look up my application? What exactly is transmitted? I know that appications submitted late (I sumbitted 8/24) aren't being verified - but does this mean that only a one page summary has been sent to the schools or the entire unverified application? I also don't have any of the red crosses on my app.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member

Medical Student
    I submitted a week before you, and nothing has physically changed about my app (no MCAT scores, x's etc) except the Transmittal dates. The emails I have recieved so far from schools just say that they have received my name, address, and email. I think they also know if you're regular decision, M.D., etc. Anyway that's about the extent of what they are sending so far. Gosh, I wish they'd even send the stats. Supposedly the paper app will follow. We'll see...

4. beached whale

beached whale Member

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Does that mean that when there is a "date processed" listed than the whole application has been sent - or verified, or what? I see on some of these threads that people are getting secondaries from schools who have not recieved a verified application, there is only that damn "date transmitted" listed. I am guessing that these schools aren't screening (for anything)?

5. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member

Medical Student
    Only people who sent their apps in really early are verified at this point. Almost no schools are screeing at this point (except maybe Stanford) so you should automatically receive a secondary from the schools who AMCAS "transmits" your address to. As for gettin g processed and verified, that won't happen for us late submitters for a long time perhaps another month or so. AMCAS will send our non-verified paper applications supposedly first while the verification process is going on. Anyway, it's gonna be a while ...

6. beached whale

beached whale Member

Thanks, I have to wait on August MCAT scores anyway... I guess its time to just sit back and keep our fingers crossed. Could they make this whole process anymore backwards? There should be special T shirts made "I survived AMCAS 2001". Again - thanks for your help.

7. willbeMD

willbeMD Member

So it's possible that my file could be complete except for the "verified" AMCAS app. How frustrating!! I submitted my AMCAS on 8/22 and have already turned in two secondaries from non-screening schools along with the letters of rec. I guess I won't hear from them until they receive my "verified" AMCAS. Am I making the right assumption or has anyone heard differently?

8. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member

Medical Student
    Some schools (Tulane comes to mind) will interview you with just a Paper AMCAS (whether it's from you or AMCAS). I.e., you don't have to be verified. Some people on this forum have gotten interviews w/o being verified, check out some other threads. However I don't think any school can offer you an acceptance until your app is verified. So ...you can get interviews (at some schools) w/o verification but probably not a real decision.