Dates of Education on ERAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bronzigu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should be put in Dates of Education in Medical Education section? Below, from month & year is m1 / y1, to month & year is m2 / y2. Is it:

- The dates officially published by the school (i.e. you were supposed to enroll on m1 / y1, the school has program that lasts 4 years ending on m2 / y2)
- The same as above, but including repeated years. E.g. if the school was supposed to last 4 years from m1 / y1 to m2 / y2, but you repeated 2 years, so you put m1 / y1 to m2 / (y2 + 2)
- If you had a gap (e.g. due to military service or illness), do you add that to "To Month" or still keep the "expected" dates?
- Use the dates from enrollment to your last exam
- The dates from enrollment to your graduation paper (i.e. when you actually got the certificate)
- Anything else?

Anybody with such or similar experiences, what did you put?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you are over thinking this. Date you started to date you finished. So if you repeated years, you would include those extra years.

What should be put in Dates of Education in Medical Education section? Below, from month & year is m1 / y1, to month & year is m2 / y2. Is it:

- The dates officially published by the school (i.e. you were supposed to enroll on m1 / y1, the school has program that lasts 4 years ending on m2 / y2)
- The same as above, but including repeated years. E.g. if the school was supposed to last 4 years from m1 / y1 to m2 / y2, but you repeated 2 years, so you put m1 / y1 to m2 / (y2 + 2)
- If you had a gap (e.g. due to military service or illness), do you add that to "To Month" or still keep the "expected" dates?
- Use the dates from enrollment to your last exam
- The dates from enrollment to your graduation paper (i.e. when you actually got the certificate)
- Anything else?

Anybody with such or similar experiences, what did you put?
The first day you had a class (or orientation) until the day you had a graduation ceremony. You're way overthinking it.