Dating atmosphere in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly I wished I loved something I could buy as much as fancy and WS love shooz.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I think reading comprehension is your weakness. I didn't say I couldn't get past a few dates with any of them and I didn't say whether or not it was their decision to stop dating. I stay steadfast in my impression that women have not added any value besides relieving some carnal desire. This is just my opinion so there is nary any point discussing why I feel this way.

How do I have a chauvinistic attitude? I never said that men are superior to women.

At first glance, you sound completely unlikeable, to be honest. Maybe that comes across on your dates?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does that mean you don't love anything enough to buy it or that you don't have money to buy anything that you love?
Both?
The only thing I "collect" right now is booze.

Reactions: 2 users
What kind?
1424179016669.jpg

All kinds. I have a couple pony kegs too

At first glance, you sound completely unlikeable, to be honest. Maybe that comes across on your dates?

Yea, that is a distinct possibility but I doubt it. I have no trouble making friends and rarely if ever cause tumult. Regardless, I appreciate your input.

Yea, that is a distinct possibility but I doubt it. I have no trouble making friends and rarely if ever cause tumult. Regardless, I appreciate your input.

I understand what your statements actually mean and I can relate to them.

You are not saying that women are inherently valueless except relieving "carnal desires" - you are saying they don't bring anything to the table for you besides that, in terms of dating (aka the only benefit you get from dating is sex).

I find myself this way, too. Nobody Ive dated has been worth my time in terms of "significant other" - they were all very nice girls and all, and i wouldnt mind being friends witht hem or something, but i wouldnt want to spend the majority of my time, let alone my life, with them. If I am to have a "significant other" in a relationship, she should be someone who I find completely worth my time. I am 100% content by myself, dont yearn for a relationship, and am probably happier with freedom and not being tied down to anything; so i cant really imagine finding someone like this.

Like you, the only benefit i found to dating was getting laid was a bit easier. But, like you said, if youre just looking to get laid you can spend your time on non-committed, purely sexual relations. There are girls out there who are interested in purely sexual relationships

2 physician divorce rates are among the lowest out there.

Also in med school...you get a whole crop of new chances walking through the door every July...so the thought that you're out of luck if you don't hook up with someonr right away makes no sense.

You have med students, pharmacy students, nursing students, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, occupational and physical therapists, dietitians, valet... Tinder, Craigslist.
I can go on

2 physician divorce rates are among the lowest out there.

Also in med school...you get a whole crop of new chances walking through the door every July...so the thought that you're out of luck if you don't hook up with someonr right away makes no sense.

not to mention if the only pool of people someone can draw from is med school classes, they're limiting themselves so hard

Members don't see this ad :)
You have med students, pharmacy students, nursing students, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, occupational and physical therapists, dietitians, valet... Tinder, Craigslist.
I can go on

True, but sometimes it's hard to find time outside of classes to actually meet these students. Most "mixers" are usually just people from both colleges talking amongst themselves and not actually mixing. Plus for some reason a lot of pharm, dentistry, PT, and nursing students don't like med students because they stereotype us as being "full of ourselves" or looking down on them. This is what some of them told me and that they experience med students acting stuck up. Now obviously you can fight that stereotype by being laid back and humble, but this perception does exist.

Like you, the only benefit i found to dating was getting laid was a bit easier. But, like you said, if youre just looking to get laid you can spend your time on non-committed, purely sexual relations. There are girls out there who are interested in purely sexual relationships

True, but like in everything in life there can be a price to pay. A lot of those girls that just jump from one guy to the next carry STDs, baggage, etc. Plus if you're not careful and one of these girls wants a relationship out of you they can baby trap you and ruin your life (or at least add a significant amount of stress and financial loss).

True, but sometimes it's hard to find time outside of classes to actually meet these students. Most "mixers" are usually just people from both colleges talking amongst themselves and not actually mixing. Plus for some reason a lot of pharm, dentistry, PT, and nursing students don't like med students because they stereotype us as being "full of ourselves" or looking down on them. This is what some of them told me and that they experience med students acting stuck up. Now obviously you can fight that stereotype by being laid back and humble, but this perception does exist.

True, but like in everything in life there can be a price to pay. A lot of those girls that just jump from one guy to the next carry STDs, baggage, etc. Plus if you're not careful and one of these girls wants a relationship out of you they can baby trap you and ruin your life (or at least add a significant amount of stress and financial loss).

if you're not ark or related to ark then I'll eat my shoe

I understand what your statements actually mean and I can relate to them.

You are not saying that women are inherently valueless except relieving "carnal desires" - you are saying they don't bring anything to the table for you besides that, in terms of dating (aka the only benefit you get from dating is sex).

I find myself this way, too. Nobody Ive dated has been worth my time in terms of "significant other" - they were all very nice girls and all, and i wouldnt mind being friends witht hem or something, but i wouldnt want to spend the majority of my time, let alone my life, with them. If I am to have a "significant other" in a relationship, she should be someone who I find completely worth my time. I am 100% content by myself, dont yearn for a relationship, and am probably happier with freedom and not being tied down to anything; so i cant really imagine finding someone like this.

Great response. Maybe when I (and you) get older we won't feel the same way.

We used to study at the med school library. On purpose. To meet cute non teeth boys. It worked pretty well.

Or you know, we could just continue not giving a **** about what they think

We used to study at the med school library. On purpose. To meet cute non teeth boys. It worked pretty well.

omg you mean you wanted dudes to come up and hit on you? what would the feminazis say

omg you mean you wanted dudes to come up and hit on you? what would the feminazis say

Who cares? I am all for cute outfits and a few extra minutes well spent talking to a boy to get whatever it is I want done, done. Especially useful at school.

I can see it now, fansymylotus would just be sitting in the med library, pretending to study and playing it cool while saying in her head "Please cute med student, stop doing your work and hit on me or something dangit."

I can see it now, fansymylotus would just be sitting in the med library, pretending to study and playing it cool while saying in her head "Please cute med student, stop doing your work and hit on me or something dangit."

I was in a relationship for most of dental school so I mostly played wingperson to my friends, who were exactly the way you described above. :laugh:

Of course. Personally, I am paranoid when it comes to these things as getting trapped with an unwanted kid or STD is my idea of a nightmare. I am careful with any woman from anywhere in any kind of relationship in which sex is involved. Actually I dont really trust people in general lol. I wouldnt have a one night stand with some woman i just met at a bar - what if she drugs me at her house, has a bunch of goons waiting to jump and rob me, gives me a penile fracture on purpose, diseases, poke hole in condom with pin, etc. But anyway, even if youre seriously dating someone, it's possible to get trapped (if the girl has different ideas or is just acting a certain way to lure you in).

What I meant was more becoming friends with a girl just like you would anybody and find out that she happens to be interested in getting naughty. That way the friendship/trust part is built up a little naturally first and it's not just blind. That's how I'd operate if I were looking for a serious relationship too. I wouldnt just ask hot girls out - that is going in blind. I'd rather build a friendship or something first with any girl at least. This is especially good in medical school where there arent nearly as many shady women and they have the same things at stake that you do.

that doesn't work ^

You know the people that complain about the friend zone? Those are the people that are interested in a girl, but too scared to take the leap to do anything about it. Girl then associates that person as being a friend and then kid ends up bitching on facebook about how hes in the friend zone.

Reactions: 6 users
Of course. Personally, I am paranoid when it comes to these things as getting trapped with an unwanted kid or STD is my idea of a nightmare. I am careful with any woman from anywhere in any kind of relationship in which sex is involved. Actually I dont really trust people in general lol. I wouldnt have a one night stand with some woman i just met at a bar - what if she drugs me at her house, has a bunch of goons waiting to jump and rob me, gives me a penile fracture on purpose, diseases, poke hole in condom with pin, etc. But anyway, even if youre seriously dating someone, it's possible to get trapped (if the girl has different ideas or is just acting a certain way to lure you in).

What I meant was more becoming friends with a girl just like you would anybody and find out that she happens to be interested in getting naughty. That way the friendship/trust part is built up a little naturally first and it's not just blind. That's how I'd operate if I were looking for a serious relationship too. I wouldnt just ask hot girls out - that is going in blind. I'd rather build a friendship or something first with any girl at least. This is especially good in medical school where there arent nearly as many shady women and they have the same things at stake that you do.

I'm betting that you've never had a girlfriend

Thats what women have to worry about anyway.

that doesn't work ^

You know the people that complain about the friend zone? Those are the people that are interested in a girl, but too scared to take the leap to do anything about it. Girl then associates that person as being a friend and then kid ends up bitching on facebook about how hes in the friend zone.

Well, I dont know if it works if youre lookign for a serious relationship. I just said that's how I'd look for one if i were to do so. It worked for me in college to get some friends w/ benefits - but then again , it was college.

Also, it wouldnt work if you dont take the leap - but what if you do?

I'm betting that you've never had a girlfriend

Youre right unless you want count ~3-4 weeks during high school near prom time lol.

Thats what women have to worry about anyway.

usually not

that doesn't work ^

Yes and no. Usually in these situations the girl was never interested in the first place so even if he "made a move" the girl would have blown him off. The whole "friend zone" thing is usually for guys the girl never considered romantically in the first place. It's been shown that the best relationships happen when both people get to know each other, but nowadays people think you need to sleep with the person before they get to know them. You should be talking to these women and gauge their interest in you before asking them out (also cuts down on rejection).It's true that not making a move will make the girl think you're not confident and she'll lose interest, but there's nothing wrong with getting to know someone before you date them.

worst idea ever to date casually in medical school, especially early in the first year. I made that mistake and was basically ostracized from a majority of the class because they liked the girl more early on and it set the tone for the next 3 years. Dont poop where you eat. Its a different story if you want to wife someone.

Did you cheat on her, get into a fight, just didn't work out?

So guilty: Dental, Law, Business school libraries. Great reason to dress up. Brought an obvious "medical" book to lay squarely on our table, studied what we needed to, during study breaks: hi's, handwaves, and smiles.

Well, I dont know if it works if youre lookign for a serious relationship. I just said that's how I'd look for one if i were to do so. It worked for me in college to get some friends w/ benefits - but then again , it was college.

Also, it wouldnt work if you dont take the leap - but what if you do?

Youre right unless you want count ~3-4 weeks during high school near prom time lol.

usually not

Yes it is - watching your drink at the bar, walking by yourself at night, screening for sti because it can lead to infertility. It's not just you. You sound like one of those men's rights guys.

truth.jpg

Don't be friends first- make your intentions known and stop being a coward. That's how you actually get laid.

Yes it is - watching your drink at the bar, walking by yourself at night, screening for sti because it can lead to infertility. It's not just you. You sound like one of those men's rights guys.

I never said it was just me lol.

I thought you were referring to something else (women trapping men with kids etc)

Watching drink - I agree women are more often targeted
Walking by yourself at night - i'd both are about equal risk. Men can get assaulted too. Men are often jumped if youre in a bad neighbourhood and the gang of thugs will often kick the **** out of a man for no reason (never heard of this happening to a woman)
Men and women can get STIs...

I am not a "men's rights " guy whatever the hell that means. Regardless of risk anyone can be careful, which is what I do, because it can happen to anyone regardless of sex. If i were a woman I'd be just as careful

Nah in med school they just side with the more popular one, gender irrespective. It's the high-school cliquish nature of med school. Plenty of times the girl gets ostracized b/c the guy is one of the "cool kids" and there are plenty of other clucking hens to come around and say they don't know why he was bothering with someone like her

And here I was being told in another thread that everyone in medical school is mature and quirky and all that. I wonder what they do when both people are "popular" and well-liked. It's probably a 50-50 split with half the class hating them and half the class liking them.

On a completely unrelated note, another thing I wasn't aware of before is how many of my classmates used drugs. Something like half of them smoke weed and about a third ride the alpine slopes on the reg.

Omg wanting equal rights is totally like invading Poland - you're so clever!

And why would it matter that she was out looking to score, that's her prerogative.

Reactions: 3 users
So guilty: Dental, Law, Business school libraries. Great reason to dress up. Brought an obvious "medical" book to lay squarely on our table, studied what we needed to, during study breaks: hi's, handwaves, and smiles.

Ha ha. Thanks! Oh and I forgot to add: playing with hair while studying, asking a guy for help to reach for a book that is too high on a shelf, and having "trouble" with a vending machine.

wtf I guess I'm ugly or something, I've never had anyone ask for trouble with a vending machine or bring their medical book and then try to mack on me
Maybe it's the dressing up part that I'm missing

And here I was being told in another thread that everyone in medical school is mature and quirky and all that. I wonder what they do when both people are "popular" and well-liked. It's probably a 50-50 split with half the class hating them and half the class liking them.

On a completely unrelated note, another thing I wasn't aware of before is how many of my classmates used drugs. Something like half of them smoke weed and about a third ride the alpine slopes on the reg.
Bitch about it constantly, pick the person they like better, just generally act like 12 year olds.

wtf I guess I'm ugly or something, I've never had anyone ask for trouble with a vending machine or bring their medical book and then try to mack on me
Maybe it's the dressing up part that I'm missing

Look at it this way, no one tried to distract you from your studies. I'd take that as a plus.

The undergrads who tried to pass for med students with tactics like this were met with swift retribution. An undergrad who just quietly studied in a cubicle would be less likely to have issues...the poseurs brought out the rage. We'd go request a sweep by security and they would check IDs. No med school ID, you're outta there. And then you had to feel the angry stares from the med students as you packed up your fake med school books and did the walk of shame out of there.

Petty? Perhaps...but it was one of the sole sources of glee during those long and painful hours of studying. And the med school library was pretty much our only decent studying space and was always overcrowded.

So basically you got your jollies by trolling Pre-meds? That's pretty funny actually.