Dating atmosphere in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
movies are real, they're how I get all my information on how to live
Sad when someone tries so hard to be clever on the internet.

Yes, some movies (though The Office is a TV show) are based on real stories. Some are not but are realistic. Others are possible but heavily exaggerated. Still others are completely fantastical. (How long do I have to be Captain obvious for you?) Instead of showing you a sappy clip of a typical "good guy" doing it in a fictional show I could have easily described it-- but everyone likes clips.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The undergrads who tried to pass for med students with tactics like this were met with swift retribution. An undergrad who just quietly studied in a cubicle would be less likely to have issues...the poseurs brought out the rage. We'd go request a sweep by security and they would check IDs. No med school ID, you're outta there. And then you had to feel the angry stares from the med students as you packed up your fake med school books and did the walk of shame out of there.

Petty? Perhaps...but it was one of the sole sources of glee during those long and painful hours of studying. And the med school library was pretty much our only decent studying space and was always overcrowded.

The only time people went out of their way were when undergrads were being obnoxious (talking on the phone, e.g.) or thought they were being "sneaky" by doing something stupid like propping up a medical textbook on their table. Turns out we actually know who our classmates are.
Good for u. We weren't undergrads, but 1st/2nd year med students, and the medical textbook wasn't propped up on the table. It didn't have to be. Each school, including the undergrad, had their own library, so space was only a concern around finals time. Like I said, this wasn't necessary at the med school, since they were our classmates and we knew classes above us. Hope that clears up your confusion.

Last edited:
Good for u. We weren't undergrads, but 1st/2nd year med students, and the medical textbook wasn't propped up on the table. It didn't have to be. Each school, including the undergrad, had their own library, so space was only a concern around finals time. Like I said, this wasn't necessary at the med school, since they were our classmates and we knew classes above us. Hope that clears up the confusion.

Yeah, there was a library that was undergrad wherein there wasn't much concern over having undergrads there. The issue was from the absolutely astounding amount of idiocy and lack of care towards "quiet hours" or even the "quiet study room". It was this decent grand room with windows/etc with signs posted saying "Quiet Study". This group of old people walk in and make no attempt at being quiet. None. They wander to the window and start talking and pointing (not even whispering). I was livid. I went to the entrance of the room and took the giant sign that said "Quiet Study" and dragged it to the window right behind them. Not even in a "I'm trying to be subtle" but in a "Can you Read?" I didn't even care that I was still behind the sign when they turned and saw me. I just pointed to the sign and walked back to my table. 20% of the people studying thought I was an dingus. The rest were in shock. I didn't care; quiet study area = whisper at best. No ****s if you're an alumni/old fart/ceo/cfo.

Reactions: 1 users