Dating classmates in dental school, awkward?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If she's richer than me, debt-free, and willing to pay for my dental school, then yes :greedy::greedy::greedy:

that's new, I think that we have a case report for gold digger men if anyone is interested.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well thats working a lot without money or status.. so they cannot afford kids. And handful of women in Japan marry guys who are 20 years older because they are more established and let girls to be housewives and do lots of shopping

Working a lot + money + status + attitude combination is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

looks like "true" love

Members don't see this ad :)
If she can get me a Range Rover Supercharged or a Mercedes G55 AMG on top of that, I think I'll be set.

;)
Range rover?! That's some child's play! If youre going to pick up the title of a gold digger, make sure she buys you a Ferrari.... at least.

True. I'd say the smartest person around is the guy who was accepted to medical school, turned it down because he realized he didn't want a job that's all consuming (there's so much more to life), and became Big Hoss.

Big Hoss

Haha. You too? I also got into three allo schools but turned them down because their research was inferior to my dental school. They also had md phd programs but it was so poorly funded that i had to pay for my md tuition.

Also going to these schools, i would be faced with uphill battle since i want top specialty in good areas. Their match lists during past 5 years proves my point. Not all medical schools are created equal.

If she can get me a Range Rover Supercharged or a Mercedes G55 AMG on top of that, I think I'll be set.

;)

You need higher standards :). You'll be able to easily afford those as a dentist!

Didn't see the posts below: Smarter doesn't mean better. Happiness is the most important and enjoying your limited time here on Earth. Goes back to what I always say, enjoy life while you're still young. Your physical body withers with time regardless of what older people say and you'll be able to do less. I wouldn't want to go to school till my mid 30's or early 40s and realize I just wasted most of my prime in school. So for those saying that MD's > DDS's or implied thereafter, all I gotta say is I'm most likely done before you're out of your residency. Enjoy your intelligence and wealth when your body is much older.

Reactions: 3 users
My girlfriend and I are currently applying to dental school together. We met in college, both wanted to be dentists, ended up dating months later, and have been dating for almost 3 years now. We aren't engaged yet. Our problem now is trying to get in together. In the future, it will be paying off our loans together.

At least I hope I have dental school loans to pay off with her(man that sounds weird to hope for lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You need higher standards :). You'll be able to easily afford those as a dentist!

Didn't see the posts below: Smarter doesn't mean better. Happiness is the most important and enjoying your limited time here on Earth. Goes back to what I always say, enjoy life while you're still young. Your physical body withers with time regardless of what older people say and you'll be able to do less. I wouldn't want to go to school till my mid 30's or early 40s and realize I just wasted most of my prime in school. So for those saying that MD's > DDS's or implied thereafter, all I gotta say is I'm most likely done before you're out of your residency. Enjoy your intelligence and wealth when your body is much older.
yea that's why I didn't choose it haha. Never wanted this to be a penor measuring contest between the 2 specialties. I will say I find your fixation on the ages of 40+ being old. I don't play contact sports so I'm not sure about that, but I know lots of adults that age or older who still play sports safely 2-3 times a week and travel and stuff. Not sure what I would be missing if I was 40+ vs 30.

The ability to date women in their 20s without being labeled as a weirdo

LOL, that and you can't keep up with them as much if you're dating 20s. 40+: can't eat or drink as much, have to worry about BP, cholesterol, etc... Live it up! I'll be eating as much as I can as much as I want until I start to gain weight. The awesomeness of youth. I'll be sad the day I can't eat as much anymore(and I can't eat as much as I did in my 20's). I love that my body can still handle it, but the day will come that I'll be an old man who has to watch his diet, sleep, and exercise.

LOL, that and you can't keep up with them as much if you're dating 20s. 40+: can't eat or drink as much, have to worry about BP, cholesterol, etc... Live it up! I'll be eating as much as I can as much as I want until I start to gain weight. The awesomeness of youth. I'll be sad the day I can't eat as much anymore(and I can't eat as much as I did in my 20's). I love that my body can still handle it, but the day will come that I'll be an old man who has to watch his diet, sleep, and exercise.
So would you say your current job is impeding you from eating good things? I can see myself working 32-36 hours a week for the rest of my life even if I can retire since that seems so little.

Reactions: 1 user
So would you say your current job is impeding you from eating good things? I can see myself working 32-36 hours a week for the rest of my life even if I can retire since that seems so little.

I don't like to eat while I work. It's a distraction and I'd rather eat when its all over. Age is what will prevent me from eating whatever I want whenever I want. When I was younger, I could eat 4x4's at in n out, fries and have some dessert on top of that..., head out to a Chinese buffet with a few stacks/mountains of fried shrimp, or go to Popeyes on 2 pc tuesdays and gorge on 10 pcs, hahaha. I'm sure these descriptions will disgust the health nuts, but knocking out after eating these massive meals is the best.

Yes, I do enjoy the fatass mode of the good old days. I can't do it as much anymore, but I like being able to eat what I want without worrying about my health. Interestingly enough, I'm not diabetic, my cholesterol/lipids are normal, my weight doesn't budge, and my BMI is normal. I'll be sad when I get older and everything goes wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)

The problem that most middle age people face are not these health problems you talk about. These problems apply to those living in low ses or in third world countries. My father is in his 60s and he has sixpacks and finishes full marathon.

The major problem that midage people face are boredom and lack of mobilities in their lives in general due to repetitive tasks every day. This is why i dont like private practice. And I want academia and research. But i am not just going into academia with just one doctorate degree cause that wont give me the competitive edge.

I don't like to eat while I work. It's a distraction and I'd rather eat when its all over. Age is what will prevent me from eating whatever I want whenever I want. When I was younger, I could eat 4x4's at in n out, fries and have some dessert on top of that..., head out to a Chinese buffet with a few stacks/mountains of fried shrimp, or go to Popeyes on 2 pc tuesdays and gorge on 10 pcs, hahaha. I'm sure these descriptions will disgust the health nuts, but knocking out after eating these massive meals is the best.

Yes, I do enjoy the fatass mode of the good old days. I can't do it as much anymore, but I like being able to eat what I want without worrying about my health. Interestingly enough, I'm not diabetic, my cholesterol/lipids are normal, my weight doesn't budge, and my BMI is normal. I'll be sad when I get older and everything goes wrong...
yea a big binge is always nice. Gonna have to stop doing that when d school starts though since I get sleepy after

Good news! You can still do it in dental school. That's where I developed the capabilities of eating a lot more. Most classes are useless anyway :)

My classmates have gained some weight. I gained about 15 lbs during the first 2 years but lost 13 so far in the last 2 months.

I'd be careful with eating habits. First two years are very sedimentary. Be active, get some sort of routine.

My classmates have gained some weight. I gained about 15 lbs during the first 2 years but lost 13 so far in the last 2 months.

I'd be careful with eating habits. First two years are very sedimentary. Be active, get some sort of routine.

The first two years are very rock like? oh you mean sedentary! ;-)

The first two years are very rock like? oh you mean sedentary! ;-)

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Gotta pack my own lunch, work out at the gym to relieve anger from that 69 on the practical, and stay fit. I don't wanna go through freshman 15 all over again lmao
Hmmm... wants us to believe that he will score a 69 on his practical.... a technique gunners use. A gunner exposed :p

Reactions: 1 users
My girlfriend and I are currently applying to dental school together. We met in college, both wanted to be dentists, ended up dating months later, and have been dating for almost 3 years now. We aren't engaged yet. Our problem now is trying to get in together. In the future, it will be paying off our loans together.

At least I hope I have dental school loans to pay off with her(man that sounds weird to hope for lol)
I want to get in with my relative as well, same school or same city, hopefully. I understand this. I hope you two get in the same school. Or at least in the same city or state.
Best of luck.

I don't know haha I'm just joking around. I had a feeling SDNers would end up analyzing tinder dynamics...
You have to make your white coat photo your first tinder pic #Copping

you don't **** where you eat ..thats my advice

definitely do it - not awkward at all

Lol i misread the title and thought it said "Doing classmates in dental school, awkward?" for a sec :rofl:

If you like someone...sac up and go get em' (I'm sure I'll get reported for that one, but tbh idk when we as a profession become so nerdy about dating rules).

The single greatest indicator of romantic involvement is

1.) Proximity

There are 32 flavors at Baskin Robbins, picking vanilla because it is closer to you in my opinion is selling yourself short.
I know its easy.
I know you might like Vanilla.
But is it possible you like Vanilla more than you should just because its familiar? See: Mere Exposure Effect.

I personally could not stand seeing a person so much but people in my class do it. People also know every little thing about every relationship and to me that just seems like absolute hell to be in that situation. "Did you know x and y kissed at 7:32 central time but he's not ready to take it to the next level?"

Inter class dating is another story.

For me,

I could never date another person in the dental field. Dentistry is such a nitpicking...always-on-your-mind job that having to go home and hear about it from your spouse is just mentally exhausting.

It's healthy to date outside healthcare as there are things to talk about on a daily basis. I married outside my field and I could never imagine marrying another dentist.

All I know is that when I hang out with other dentist opposite sex we just talk about dentistry allllll dayyyyy long. No thanks. The good thing about dating someone that is a dentist is that they can relate to you if you have a tough day...so I guess thats a positive. I would rather call up a friend and talk about a hard day instead.

Date a podiatrist, I hear they give amazing foot massages.