Dating in Med School for AAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg...wow...as a hormone raged college student who is currently only concerned with chasing the next girl, this post really stood out to me. lol..mayne....i hope i can someway feel this way about sum1...not netime soon tho! ehehehe

I'm not sure when I'm going to let this phase pass and actually start traditionally courting women for the purpose of long term relationships. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I have read through most of this forum and I'm a little surprised at what I have read. It seems most of the ladies here are either single or with a white man. It almost seems like all of you ladies (and to a lesser extent, guys) with white people are just making excuses to go white!!! Personally, I couldn't care less what another person chooses to do with their life.

As for me, I am a straight black male. Most of you will be surpsised by this, but I don't really care that much about sex!!! However, I do really care what children I bring into this world and how they are raised (values, etc.). I think it is very important to be a good father and husband. However, one has to be realistic. In order to be both of those, you will need a partner that understands you and will work with you. Love, passion, attraction are all great and to me necesary. I am a romantic even though at times I don't seem like it. I do want a soulmate, but there is a lot more to a stable relationship. What people want and how they see their own futures really matters!

I will be frank. I am not attracted to white women at all! At all! I love the sistas. However, I require more than that. I want someone who understands me, shares my culture, my values, my faith, etc. I want someone who will like my cooking and will cook my type of food (which shouldn't be difficult if we share a culture). I don't want to just hook-up, I want a partner, a wife and one day, I want to have children (though not right now)! I want a woman who can raise our children as I would want them to be raised God forbid I die before my children come of age. That means I want that person who will share my values as I explained before so she too already wants to raise our children how I want them to be raised instead of doing it just to please me. You might think I am asking for too much but I don't think so. I have two older brothers that found such people. It wasn't easy, but I think you have to hold on to your principles and be true to yourself.

I come from a professional family. All my brothers are educated. I want my significant other to be educated as well, however, it is not a selling point. If I find a person who shares my values as described above but didn't even go to high school, I won't hold that against her! To be honest though, I do wish to marry an MD that way we can have both major sides of health covered for our kids and our selves (since I will soon be a dentist). She will also understand what I go through at my job and I hers and we will not be rehashing the same thing since our fields are different! I know it is just a fantasy but a boy can dream!

I have read through most of this forum and I'm a little surprised at what I have read. It seems most of the ladies here are either single or with a white man. It almost seems like all of you ladies (and to a lesser extent, guys) with white people are just making excuses to go white!!! Personally, I couldn't care less what another person chooses to do with their life.

As for me, I am a straight black male. Most of you will be surpsised by this, but I don't really care that much about sex!!! However, I do really care what children I bring into this world and how they are raised (values, etc.). I think it is very important to be a good father and husband. However, one has to be realistic. In order to be both of those, you will need a partner that understands you and will work with you. Love, passion, attraction are all great and to me necesary. I am a romantic even though at times I don't seem like it. I do want a soulmate, but there is a lot more to a stable relationship. What people want and how they see their own futures really matters!

I will be frank. I am not attracted to white women at all! At all! I love the sistas. However, I require more than that. I want someone who understands me, shares my culture, my values, my faith, etc. I want someone who will like my cooking and will cook my type of food (which shouldn't be difficult if we share a culture). I don't want to just hook-up, I want a partner, a wife and one day, I want to have children (though not right now)! I want a woman who can raise our children as I would want them to be raised God forbid I die before my children come of age. That means I want that person who will share my values as I explained before so she too already wants to raise our children how I want them to be raised instead of doing it just to please me. You might think I am asking for too much but I don't think so. I have two older brothers that found such people. It wasn't easy, but I think you have to hold on to your principles and be true to yourself.

I come from a professional family. All my brothers are educated. I want my significant other to be educated as well, however, it is not a selling point. If I find a person who shares my values as described above but didn't even go to high school, I won't hold that against her! To be honest though, I do wish to marry an MD that way we can have both major sides of health covered for our kids and our selves (since I will soon be a dentist). She will also understand what I go through at my job and I hers and we will not be rehashing the same thing since our fields are different! I know it is just a fantasy but a boy can dream!

I sooo feel you right now dhalf! I'm tired of people knocking me because I want someone who is on my level or higher. Most people my age think that if a person is cute and gives them enough attention then they are a catch. HA! There is more to a stable relationship just as you said. Not that I am a slave to what people think; however, I do believe that you must be proud of what your significant other is and all that they accomplish. I don't want to have to down play my dreams and aspirations just to stroke someone else's ego. Life comes with enough stress as it is! A college professor once said that they earth has billions of people on it. Out of those billion or so there are about a couple hundred you could get along with enough to marry. Out of those couple hundred why not choose the best of the best. He said he liked his wife. She was a cool person but he knows he could have done better. A little harsh but it's reality!

Members don't see this ad :)

Welcome to the forum, dhalf!

It's good to see that you have a good idea of what you want in life. (just curious, around how old are you?) In terms of the dating white men (or women), why would someone need to make an excuse to date someone white? I'm hispanic and I've dated someone from almost every nationality (except Ricans! - ChemEngMD are you available? haha) including a white man. I've actually been in an interracial relationship for over 4 years. I want all of those things that you described (and pretty much have them) but when I date I do so colorblind. I have found that I don't have to date someone of my nationality to find shared values & attraction. As I have grown older and more mature I've found that many of the anti-interracial feelings in minority communities are immature. Love is Love. It works for me but not necessarily everyone. Just thought I'd share that tid bit. What does everyone else think?

I sooo feel you right now dhalf! I'm tired of people knocking me because I want someone who is on my level or higher. Most people my age think that if a person is cute and gives them enough attention then they are a catch. HA! There is more to a stable relationship just as you said. Not that I am a slave to what people think; however, I do believe that you must be proud of what your significant other is and all that they accomplish. I don't want to have to down play my dreams and aspirations just to stroke someone else's ego. Life comes with enough stress as it is! A college professor once said that they earth has billions of people on it. Out of those billion or so there are about a couple hundred you could get along with enough to marry. Out of those couple hundred why not choose the best of the best. He said he liked his wife. She was a cool person but he knows he could have done better. A little harsh but it's reality!

OuCh... Damn!

Ouch on the college Prof.!! That is harsh! Anyway, I hear what you're saying. I would advise you to be true to who you are and not sacrifice what you want. Personally, I don't think it matters what others think of your significant other (unless they know something you don't:smuggrin:) as long as you feel they are the right person for you! I would be proud of my significant other and loyal to my deathbed and I would expect the same from them.

As for the person who was asking my age, I am 24 years old. If you can find what you're looking for in someone outside of whatever group you relate to, then good for you. However, I did notice that most of the people who said they can't find a significant other from their group seem to be with someone from outside of their group so I commented on it. I don't anyone needs an excuse to live their life how they want it. Freedom is an inherent part of every human's life and I think people should respect each other's choices. To all, best of luck finding the right one for you:D

You know, 99 times out of 100, you date the person who "floats your boat" at the time. I have never been one to date (or not date) anyone based on genetic characteristics alone. There has to be more for me. I connect with loads of people on many levels. It's not a color but a cultural "thing" for me but a "connection" thing.

To say that anyone is making an "excuse" to date "white" or any other color for that matter is selling yourself short and actually saying that "white" is somehow better. When you cast negativity on any woman of color who refused to be limited by her color, you say that she is somehow devaluing herself and you. I can't buy into this type of thinking because I am "good enough" to consider any other person on this earth that is available and attractive as a potential date. It has nothing to do with you or your opinions.

My parents raised me to be a citizen of the world and to appreciate every human being no matter what color. I don't make any social statements by the persons I choose to date or not date. These are personal statements for me and don't actually involve anyone other than me and my significant other.

So far, I haven't found any problems finding people of any culture, ethnicity or whatever that are not attractive. I just can't limit myself by just looking at color. Yes, I am blissfully single but I date any single man who connects with me on some level. I refuse to be limited by color.

You know, 99 times out of 100, you date the person who "floats your boat" at the time. I have never been one to date (or not date) anyone based on genetic characteristics alone. There has to be more for me. I connect with loads of people on many levels. It's not a color but a cultural "thing" for me but a "connection" thing.

To say that anyone is making an "excuse" to date "white" or any other color for that matter is selling yourself short and actually saying that "white" is somehow better. When you cast negativity on any woman of color who refused to be limited by her color, you say that she is somehow devaluing herself and you. I can't buy into this type of thinking because I am "good enough" to consider any other person on this earth that is available and attractive as a potential date. It has nothing to do with you or your opinions.

My parents raised me to be a citizen of the world and to appreciate every human being no matter what color. I don't make any social statements by the persons I choose to date or not date. These are personal statements for me and don't actually involve anyone other than me and my significant other.

So far, I haven't found any problems finding people of any culture, ethnicity or whatever that are not attractive. I just can't limit myself by just looking at color. Yes, I am blissfully single but I date any single man who connects with me on some level. I refuse to be limited by color.
njbmd, I think you float my boat! you took the words out of my mouth. ;)

It's good to see that you have a good idea of what you want in life. (just curious, around how old are you?) In terms of the dating white men (or women), why would someone need to make an excuse to date someone white? I'm hispanic and I've dated someone from almost every nationality (except Ricans! - ChemEngMD are you available? haha) including a white man.

haha :love: i got you ma lol ;)

This wasn't directed at you since you said color didn't matter to you to begin with. This was addressing all the ladies that said they are been forced to go white due to lack of suitable black males! I am not completely buying it. If you don't see color in who you date, more power to you.

As for people devaluing themselves, I have seen plenty of men and women do that so don't tell me it doesn't happen. Just think of the many athletes or rich black men that as soon as they got rich have a white woman on their arm. In many of those cases, not all, those women are trophy wifes and though many men of all color in their positions might have trophy wifes, at least, the men of other color have wifes of the same color!

Someone from your culture, your faith, etc. is much more likely to understand you or your why you do what you or what you value as opposed to someone who is not. That is not to say that you won't find someone outside of your group who won't understand you. It seems from your above post, you're limiting this discussion to just dating. However, I am talking about more than just that. In many cases, when you marry someone, you also marry their family. If you and that family have problems, it could ruin your relationship (I have seen it happen). In my opinion, it is a lot less work dealing with someone who understands what you have been through because they have been through too, because you share that common bond. You say there has to be "more for you". Well, me too. I just think I have far better chances of finding all that in someone like me:D

I hope you understand this is my opinion and what I want for myself. I am not trying to judge you or belittle you for dating outside of your race.

It's good to see that you have a good idea of what you want in life. (just curious, around how old are you?) In terms of the dating white men (or women), why would someone need to make an excuse to date someone white? I'm hispanic and I've dated someone from almost every nationality (except Ricans! - ChemEngMD are you available? haha) including a white man. I've actually been in an interracial relationship for over 4 years. I want all of those things that you described (and pretty much have them) but when I date I do so colorblind. I have found that I don't have to date someone of my nationality to find shared values & attraction. As I have grown older and more mature I've found that many of the anti-interracial feelings in minority communities are immature. Love is Love. It works for me but not necessarily everyone. Just thought I'd share that tid bit. What does everyone else think?

I agree with you. Most people that I have met that have problems with an interracial couple have done so out of immaturity. I feel the same way as you. Love is love it shouldn't matter what color a person is. When you meet someone who you know is right for you their race shouldn't determine whether you date them. I always say I would rather be with a purple guy who loves me and treats me well and shares my values than with a black one just for the sake of saying my man is black.

Members don't see this ad :)
*****. :mad:

*wonders if Dr. Lyss will hook her up with one of her P.R. primos*

:cool:

haha Krispy! You know I got love for you. Where you been at? I responded to your proposal and you left me in the dark :( lol

haha Krispy! You know I got love for you. Where you been at? I responded to your proposal and you left me in the dark :( lol

Sorry! I thought I had responded. :(

How does May 2010 sound? :love:

Just to echo some of the sentiments mentioned above, I have yet to see any mainstream white male celebrity married to a sista.

Since when did the URM nerds of SDN start looking to Hollywood for validation of their love lives? That has to be one of the more idiotic statements I've ever read on SDN.

And to entertain your foolishness -- David Bowie, Justin Chambers, Wolfgang Puck, Robin Thicke, Robert De Niro, etc.

For some reason, Black men tend to take comfort in the LIE that only Black men are attracted to and seek marriage (hilarious) with Black women. Trick, please.

Since when did the URM nerds of SDN start looking to Hollywood for validation of their love lives? That has to be one of the more idiotic statements I've ever read on SDN.

And to entertain your foolishness -- David Bowie, Justin Chambers, Wolfgang Puck, Robin Thicke, Robert De Niro, etc.

For some reason, Black men tend to take comfort in the LIE that only Black men are attracted to and seek marriage (hilarious) with Black women. Trick, please.
once again, ms krispy kreme drops knowledge like the atomic bomb. I've met justin chambers' wife and she is gorgeous... and their kids are adorable as well.

:laugh: :thumbup:

:eek::eek::eek: Someone is feeling a little insecure. Somehow you call me a URM nerd of SDN but then I look at your post count only to find you pretty much reside on this website. Please let us be civil.

I was merely referring to an earlier post made by dhalf:
In many of those cases, not all, those women are trophy wifes and though many men of all color in their positions might have trophy wifes, at least, the men of other color have wifes of the same color!

:eek::eek::eek: Someone is feeling a little insecure. Somehow you call me a URM nerd of SDN but then I look at your post count only to find you pretty much reside on this website. Please let us be civil.

Insecure? Hardly. Just defending my position and addressing your subliminal insult towards the Black women who posted in this thread. If you were reading carefully, you would realize that I wrote "URM nerds" and "love lives" which means that I was referring to you, me, and everyone else who posts here -- and that we shouldn't be letting Hollywood dictate our lives before I gave examples to refute your claim. Everything else was just humorous hyperbole. No insults intended. :laugh:

And I find it hilarious that you judge a person's "coolness" based on their post count? Ad hominem, huh? You know I really have to plan my schedule to accomadate the average of 2.69 posts that I make on SDN every day (especially now that finals are over). I neglect going to clubs, my research, sorority life, my family & friends, and my personal appearance due to approximately 3 posts on an internet forum per day.

SDN > Mortal Kombat Fan Club

haha is this when you graduate? I don't til May 2011 (5 year plan) :( you set on that date? :rolleyes:

No, I'm starting med school in the fall so I'll graduate in May 2013. May 2010 is when my ovaries say it's time for me to get married. :(

No, I'm starting med school in the fall so I'll graduate in May 2013. May 2010 is when my ovaries say it's time for me to get married. :(

Haha!! So wait, are you trying to use me strictly to make mixed babies or something? :laugh: Why do you have to listen to your ovaries? lol

Insecure? Hardly. Just defending my position and addressing your subliminal insult towards the Black women who posted in this thread. If you were reading carefully, you would realize that I wrote "URM nerds" and "love lives" which means that I was referring to you, me, and everyone else who posts here -- and that we shouldn't be letting Hollywood dictate our lives before I gave examples to refute your claim. Everything else was just humorous hyperbole. No insults intended. :laugh:

And I find it hilarious that you judge a person's "coolness" based on their post count? Ad hominem, huh? You know I really have to plan my schedule to accomadate the average of 2.69 posts that I make on SDN every day (especially now that finals are over). I neglect going to clubs, my research, sorority life, my family & friends, and my personal appearance due to approximately 3 posts on an internet forum per day.

I didn't want to say anything but... you are really letting yourself go, KrispyKreme :laugh: It is very clear you haven't been on SDN long if you try to make a stab at DrKrispyKreme (she runs ish around here)... plus she has a crazy Rican Posse including ME & her future SDN husband... so stop trying. She will shred you up into pieces (seriously I have seen it happen).

... And the come back about trophy wives makes no sense. If you are going to look to Hollywood for validation you can't then berate every example because people are good looking... it's Hollywood! Everyone is a trophy piece.

Damn I am freaking scared, I guess I better leave before I get cyber-mugged :rolleyes:. Good luck with everything especially finding a man, cos you really need one in your life. :)

Damn I am freaking scared, I guess I better leave before I get cyber-mugged :rolleyes:. Good luck with everything especially finding a man, cos you really need one in your life. :)

As do you. ;)

funny.jpg

i feel that this is all too hillarious:smuggrin:

Isn't it?

Everybody else in this thread is joking, but dude is actually UPSET. :laugh:

"How dare those Nubian princesses betray me!!!" :smuggrin:

:laugh: Why do you have to listen to your ovaries? lol

The same reason you men think with Mr. Happy. :(

lmao...this is too funny...quality entertainment on SDN...

umm, my humble 2 cents...im a simple guy, with simple needs. i like attractive women who are attracted to me. they can be white, they can be black, hell, they can be indian. i go 2 a predom. white school. i frequent predominantly white bars/clubs. though i roll with a predominantly blk crew, i end up hooking up predominatly with white women. only as of late have i been catching a lil heat from *spicy* sistas who now refer to me as "the snow bunny king." lmao...i laugh at them, cuz when if i would try to spit game to them they wouldnt gimme a chance. so instead they clown me for liking sum1 who actually liked me back. the logic fails me.

i say mind yo biz and if do wat u do. if u tryna holla at sum1 , holla...dont hate....dont discriminate, congradulate:laugh:

okay...as much as i hate to dickride...this was a funny ass jone...haha...grease

lmao...this is too funny...quality entertainment on SDN...

umm, my humble 2 cents...im a simple guy, with simple needs. i like attractive women who are attracted to me. they can be white, they can be black, hell, they can be indian. i go 2 a predom. white school. i frequent predominantly white bars/clubs. though i roll with a predominantly blk crew, i end up hooking up predominatly with white women. only as of late have i been catching a lil heat from *spicy* sistas who now refer to me as "the snow bunny king." lmao...i laugh at them, cuz when if i would try to spit game to them they wouldnt gimme a chance. so instead they clown me for liking sum1 who actually liked me back. the logic fails me.

i say mind yo biz and if do wat u do. if u tryna holla at sum1 , holla...dont hate....dont discriminate, congradulate:laugh:
hahahaa snow bunny king. I love it. Can that be your new SDN name?

So that reminds me of something that happened to me in college. Lemme set the stage:

freshman year, first month of school & the football players are trolling through the freshman dorms looking for fresh meat. I'm in my dorm minding my business but I had the door open (remember that "friendly" door thing people used to do?) So he knocks & we begin talking & he is trying to spit some game. Somehow we got on the topic of white girls and I said:
ME: "Yea whatever football player. we both know you only go for white girls"
MeatHead: "Oh no no baby gurl, I don't play in the snow"
ME: "HAHAHAHAHAHA"

who says that? HAHA omg still cracks me up to this day. He ended up getting kicked out for drug posession (and he was def playing in the snow)

in the wise words of chris rock:

"Brothers have been exercising their options forever, what is taking the sisters so long???"

To be honest I don't really get mad when I see black men with white women. Half the time they didn't attract me enough to begin with. I only get a little pissed off when the brother is fine and actually doing something of substance with his life. I'm all about the other colors of the rainbow and exercising me options;):cool:

So that reminds me of something that happened to me in college. Lemme set the stage:

freshman year, first month of school & the football players are trolling through the freshman dorms looking for fresh meat. I'm in my dorm minding my business but I had the door open (remember that "friendly" door thing people used to do?) So he knocks & we begin talking & he is trying to spit some game. Somehow we got on the topic of white girls and I said:
ME: "Yea whatever football player. we both know you only go for white girls"
MeatHead: "Oh no no baby gurl, I don't play in the snow"
ME: "HAHAHAHAHAHA"

who says that? HAHA omg still cracks me up to this day. He ended up getting kicked out for drug posession (and he was def playing in the snow)

lmao...yea, all football players play in the snow...easiest weather to have the most fun in :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

and um, u jus gotta remember that if the grass isnt trimmed, play in the mud! :smuggrin:

in the wise words of chris rock:

"Brothers have been exercising their options forever, what is taking the sisters so long???"

To be honest I don't really get mad when I see black men with white women. Half the time they didn't attract me enough to begin with. I only get a little pissed off when the brother is fine and actually doing something of substance with his life. I'm all about the other colors of the rainbow and exercising me options;):cool:

ah-em, truskie...*looks in the mirror, brushes off shoulder*....:laugh:

lmao...yea, all football players play in the snow...easiest weather to have the most fun in :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

and um, u jus gotta remember that if the grass isnt trimmed, play in the mud! :smuggrin:

ah-em, truskie...*looks in the mirror, brushes off shoulder*....:laugh:

well aren't u the cocky one! :laugh:

Ahhhh hahaha gottem.

I must admit though, I am jealous of Robin Thicke. Paula Patton is NICE!

Ahhhh hahaha gottem.

I must admit though, I am jealous of Robin Thicke. Paula Patton is NICE!

Word!! Paula Patton looks good...but lately I've been feeling Keri Hilson...she's crazy pretty lol

Word!! Paula Patton looks good...but lately I've been feeling Keri Hilson...she's crazy pretty lol
keri hilson looks good but she has some wig issues at times lol. With the right wig she can be a hottie. I love her new single.

keri hilson looks good but she has some wig issues at times lol. With the right wig she can be a hottie. I love her new single.

lol..i never noticed the wig issues...keri hilson is a 9 in my book...bad as ****...haha...and are u talkin about the joint with weezy? it goes a lil bit...weezy needs to chill with the auto tune tho...but ive had a crush keri hilson since "Happy Juice" : whatchu sippin on? can it getchu loooose? take sum hennessee, mix it wit sum apple juice..hehe :D

Yea she looks really good, but isnt living up to her full potential with the hair style she has now.

lol..i never noticed the wig issues...keri hilson is a 9 in my book...bad as ****...haha...and are u talkin about the joint with weezy? it goes a lil bit...weezy needs to chill with the auto tune tho...but ive had a crush keri hilson since "Happy Juice" : whatchu sippin on? can it getchu loooose? take sum hennessee, mix it wit sum apple juice..hehe :D

Hell yeah!!! That was my s**t. Snoop and Stat Quo...what year was that? lol But yeah, you right about "weezy" or w/e that idiot wants to be called...him and Kanye need to calm down with that Autotune mess...and if I hear that brother mention "Wayne's World" one more time I might go completely insane :laugh:

...i end up hooking up predominatly with white women. only as of late have i been catching a lil heat from *spicy* sistas who now refer to me as "the snow bunny king." lmao...i laugh at them, cuz when if i would try to spit game to them they wouldnt gimme a chance. so instead they clown me for liking sum1 who actually liked me back. the logic fails me.

I can only speak from personal experience. I dated (very briefly) a Black guy who dated predominantly White women before I came along. I would never do it again. If the KKK allowed Black members, he'd probably be worth of Grand Wizard status. :laugh:

He had the most negative, stereotypical opinions about Black women. He was color-struck (fixated on light skin even though he & his entire family are as dark as midnight). He just had too many mental & self-hatred issues. Now, I'm not saying any of those qualities apply to you, but as a Black woman --that's the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I see (or get "a vibe" :oops:) that a certain Black man dates predominantly outside of his race. And that may be why you get those reactions from the "spicy sistas" :rolleyes: you encounter.

If a Black guy has dated an equal number of White, Asian, Latina, light-skinned/brown-skinned/dark-skinned Black, mixed, Hungarian, whatever girls, then it's absolutely no problem....but these "issues" in our community are so bad that I rarely meet a guy who is a true "equal opportunity" dater. And I personally refuse to associate with individuals like that -- on a romantic level, on a friendship level, on a classmate level, or even on a "bring u some cold water when ur dying" level. :laugh:

:laugh::thumbup: It'd be a good name.

You can freeze those ovaries and tell them to STFU!:D Isn't technology great? I am loving the single life and freezing those eggs made sense to me. I actually don't think I am mother material anyway.

You can freeze those ovaries and tell them to STFU!:D Isn't technology great? I am loving the single life and freezing those eggs made sense to me. I actually don't think I am mother material anyway.

HAHAHAHA tell those eggs who's boss! :lol:

I'm new to this forum, I think that the conversation is valid. Med school is SO busy. At my school, The Uniformed Services University, I am one of three black guys in my class (Class of 2012) with NO black girls in my class or the 2nd year class. Talk about a famine in the land!! LoL. I have no objections to dating women of other races and ethnicities, but I do prefer an educated chocolate woman who carries herself as such.

I look forward to joining this conversation!

Welcome, Dr. Violin! Do you play that instrument?

:laugh:

I disagree with your last sentence. ;)

I view you as a big sister. :oops:

I've always LOVED children (but I could never do peds :scared:). I'm known as the overnight babysitter because it doesn't bother me to do 2am and 4am feedings. :laugh: I'm a huge planner (slightly OCD) so I have to have my bases covered so I don't end up 65 with zero biological kids. :( I find myself looking at little babies alot lately...

I'll have to look into freezing my eggs about 5-10 years from now if they aren't already fertilized. :laugh: Is it ideal to harvest them when you're still in your 20s? Is freezing your eggs better than freezing embryos? I guess eggs have the advantage that you don't have to choose a sperm donor beforehand...

Hmm...I'll google some info on the process.

HAHAHAHA tell those eggs who's boss! :lol:

*punches self in left ovary*

:mad:

Last edited:
Welcome, Dr. Violin! Do you play that instrument?

I disagree with your last sentence. ;)

I view you as a big sister. :oops:

I've always LOVED children (but I could never do peds :scared:). I'm known as the overnight babysitter because it doesn't bother me to do 2am and 4am feedings. :laugh: I'm a huge planner (slightly OCD) so I have to have my bases covered so I don't end up 65 with zero biological kids. :( I find myself looking at little babies alot lately...

I'll have to look into freezing my eggs about 5-10 years from now if they aren't already fertilized. :laugh: Is it ideal to harvest them when you're still in your 20s? Is freezing your eggs better than freezing embryos? I guess eggs have the advantage that you don't have to choose a sperm donor beforehand...

Hmm...I'll google some info on the process.

*punches self in left ovary*

:mad:

Don't hurt yourself!! But I def think you should freeze those suckers for a minute lol :laugh:

Awesome!

I've always wanted to learn. :mad:

I'm searching for a donor. What's your IQ? Blood type? Any history of mental illnesses? :idea:

IQ: 140-150
Blood: O+
Mental Illness: Lots and lots and lots

I can only speak from personal experience. I dated (very briefly) a Black guy who dated predominantly White women before I came along. I would never do it again. If the KKK allowed Black members, he'd probably be worth of Grand Wizard status. :laugh:

He had the most negative, stereotypical opinions about Black women. He was color-struck (fixated on light skin even though he & his entire family are as dark as midnight). He just had too many mental & self-hatred issues. Now, I'm not saying any of those qualities apply to you, but as a Black woman --that's the 1st thing that comes to my mind when I see (or get "a vibe" :oops:) that a certain Black man dates predominantly outside of his race. And that may be why you get those reactions from the "spicy sistas" :rolleyes: you encounter.

If a Black guy has dated an equal number of White, Asian, Latina, light-skinned/brown-skinned/dark-skinned Black, mixed, Hungarian, whatever girls, then it's absolutely no problem....but these "issues" in our community are so bad that I rarely meet a guy who is a true "equal opportunity" dater. And I personally refuse to associate with individuals like that -- on a romantic level, on a friendship level, on a classmate level, or even on a "bring u some cold water when ur dying" level. :laugh:

:laugh::thumbup: It'd be a good name.

i sorta almost kinda agree with u here. except it doesnt apply 2 me lol. if u look at my post, i said i predominantly "hook up". for me (and er'body else I know) hook up does not equal date. in terms of dating, ive actually dated only 2 women of the caucasian perusasion, 3 spanish chix (Drlyss holla front :rolleyes:) and 1 blk woman (or girl i shud say, err)...so actually i consider my self to be one of those "few" equal oppurtunity daters...in terms of hooking up, ive hooked up with every major ethnicity and i have no paticular preference...but like i said, there is mostly white girls at bars/clubs so it is only natural that one would hook up mostly with em...

also, i will admittedly say that i dont have nice ***** game...i mean, i usually just rely on my smile and my manly chest hair (or lack thereof :smuggrin:) and wait for the girl to really make the first move, or show interest...and guess wat, it so happens that white girls make the move, or they respond to my advances with less critique...like im not gonna front, if im spitting game to a sista, my seven's gotta be pressed, my dunks cant have splotches, and i better have had my du-rag on all nite to make sure my waves are spinnin'....such is not the case with other races, this is not a pre-requiste, but a bonus...

but the reason why i sorta agree with u is cuz ALLL my black male frends, who are less successful with mixing races are OBSESSED with "pulling a white joint." it is sooooo annoying...everytime we go out, its like "what up doc, where the white girls at?? lets holla at sum white joints!!" i try n tell em that u dont just go lookin for a specfic race, you take what you can get. and i dont discriminate. my good frends dont only call me "snow bunny king" but they also call me "General Tso" for obvious reasons

but i feel like my blk frends, and blk men in generals obessission with white women is a combination of insecurity/self hatred and curiosity. we grow up as kids and are conditioned to think that the standard of beauty is that of white women/ white men. and blk ppl in our main stream society who are regarded as beautiful those who have traditional anglo saxxon and aquiline features. brothas go "goo goo gaga" over the light skinned girl with "nice hair" and "light eyes", ask yung berg, and hell tell you why :rolleyes:

but i think its unfortunate that you would allow a persons previous dating history to preclude you from dating that person. a person shouldnt be defined by whom theyve dated, but rather by your physical, mental, emotional, spiritual yada yada connection with them. one unpleasant experience should not be a determinant of the rest of your experiences.

and just to add, one thing that REALLY irks me however is how a lot of the blk girls in my class that looked down on us our freshman yr cuz they were sooooo hot for the upperclassmen who were more "mature" and had more bread are now on our nutts cuz they are seniors and they have nobody but us and no1 wants them cuz they were so mean. these are the girls who we catch the most heat from, who claim that we are "settling" bcuz we dont wanna put in the effort to get a "real" woman. ROFL....we are in college, most of us are just tryna get by and what we gotta do 2 happy...taking care of a high maintenance b*tch is not one of my top priorities

Hell yeah!!! That was my s**t. Snoop and Stat Quo...what year was that? lol But yeah, you right about "weezy" or w/e that idiot wants to be called...him and Kanye need to calm down with that Autotune mess...and if I hear that brother mention "Wayne's World" one more time I might go completely insane :laugh:

"waynes world, planet rock, panties drop and the top."

this is wayne's world; we just live in it.

hahahahahaha....