Dating life in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Killernaruto25

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey do you think being a medical student is a deterrant to lot of woman since we're not making money right now and we are going to accumulate lots of debt for next four years. Maybe I am wrong but it seems like being a medical student is a negative for us guys. I guess we are on the bottom of the dating pyramid since we are still in school

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, that whole medical school thing has pretty much been a reliable conversation stopper.

She: "So what do you do?" :confused:
Me: "I'm a medical student." :D
She: "Oh...so that means you are busy all the time and you have no money." :p
Me: "Yeah...it's true." :oops:
She: "Nice meeting you...see you around, if you ever peek out from your books." :laugh:
Me: :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to sleep with all your girlfriends. Just FYI.

Yeah, that whole medical school thing has pretty much been a reliable conversation stopper.

She: "So what do you do?" :confused:
Me: "I'm a medical student." :D
She: "Oh...so that means you are busy all the time and you have no money." :p
Me: "Yeah...it's true." :oops:
She: "Nice meeting you...see you around, if you ever peek out from your books." :laugh:
Me: :(

Ummm no, it goes like this

You: I am a medical student...
Her: so you will be making good money in the future
You: (yeah, not with you) yep...
Her: want to have sex?
You: score

yes, every night....
I also got a bridge to sell ya.

you say I'm going to be a doctor, not I'm a poor med student.

you say I'm going to be a doctor, not I'm a poor med student.

Oh stop, only 1% of the female bar population correctly equate medical student with poor. The rest assume you are rich. Go with it.

I'd just like to know what ***** bars you guys go to if women actually act like that. and what if she's a med student too.....huh? THEN WHAT? hahahha
lol wow

I'd just like to know what ***** bars you guys go to if women actually act like that. and what if she's a med student too.....huh? THEN WHAT? hahahha
lol wow
You need to realize that the average woman is not a med student. The average person, male or female, that you meet at a bar is going to have the intelligence of a ten-year-old. I once picked up a girl like this...

(Bartending on a slow night, going over some notes)
Girl: What are you studying?
Me: Molecular biology. But I'd rather be studying your biology.

That's a true story, Kay.

If you can't use the added benefit of being a med student and having stories of "the craziest thing you've ever seen" even if they were actually on ER to score girls, then there's really no hope for you.

You should also try to hook up with all of your classmates, they'll never find out about each other. Everyone in med school keeps to themselves and never gossips.

You should also try to hook up with all of your classmates, they'll never find out about each other. Everyone in med school keeps to themselves and never gossips.

hahahah RRRIIIIGGGHHHTT

Members don't see this ad :)
Where's this mythical "advantage" from being a medical student that everyone seems to be talking about? If it exists, I've never come across it... Seriously... I scored significanly better and more frequently before I went down this road. Whatever. Maybe it'll be better someday...

I think it comes down to this: either you have game, or you do not.

Lower your standards, if you must, but don't get the clap or something.

I agree to some extent. However, NOBODY has game after taking call every third day and working like a monkey the rest of the week... You look and feel like crap. Okay, perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration, but seriously, it does dull you quite a bit.

Wow men really say score....uhmm well the only SCORING I will be doing is with my BOBby :D:D

Edit: LMAO NOT REALLY

Wow men really say score....uhmm well the only SCORING I will be doing is with my BOBby :D:D

Edit: LMAO NOT REALLY

Hey, punkmed... Everytime I see your username, I think about the song by the Dead Milkmen, "Punk Rock Girl":

I tapped her on the shoulder
And said do you have a beau?
She looked at me and smiled
And said she did not know
Punk rock girl give me a chance
Punk rock girl let's go slamdance
We'll dress like Minnie Pearl
Just you and me punk rock girl

(from "Punk Rock Girl," by the Dead Milkmen)

LOl really I only like their song Bitchin Camero...lol

LOl ok I like that song a little bit LMAO

LOl really I only like their song Bitchin Camero...lol

:laugh: Funny song:

My folks bought me a BITCHIN CAMARO with no insurance to match;
So if you happen to run me down, please don't leave a scratch.
I ran over some old lady one night at the county fair;
And I didn't get arrested, because my dad's the mayor.
BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO
Doughnuts on your lawn

LOl ok I like that song a little bit LMAO

It grows on you, I guess... There are lots of things I didn't like about the 1980's, but this group actually brings back good memories.

Yeah...I kinda miss the 80's....a little bit. I think 90's is where its really at LOL.

I thought that was what med school and residency were all about! Dosn't everyone sleep with everyone else, particularly in residency you must sleep with your attendings, and nurses. That's what they do on ER and Grey's!

I thought that was what med school and residency were all about! Dosn't everyone sleep with everyone else, particularly in residency you must sleep with your attendings, and nurses. That's what they do on ER and Grey's!

LOL:laugh::laugh:

gonorrh.jpg

While we are on the subject of nasty afflictions, identify the name of the syndrome sometimes caused by these nasty buggers:

chlamydia.jpg

Hint: "Can't see, can't pee, can't climb a tree."

Chlamydia. I'd know that anywhere. Er... I...

:laugh: That cracked me up a bit...

But, yeah, you correctly identified the pathogenic organism. Now, to the question: What is the name of the syndrome that is sometimes associated with it. Hint: "Can't see, can't pee, can't climb a tree."

:laugh: That cracked me up a bit...

But, yeah, you correctly identified the pathogenic organism. Now, to the question: What is the name of the syndrome that is sometimes associated with it. Hint: "Can't see, can't pee, can't climb a tree."

reactive arthritis

funny story: I used to work on herpes and hpv hotlines ;)

reactive arthritis

That's right. It's also known as Reiter's syndrome, which often manifests clinically as a triad of urethritis ("can't pee"), conjunctivitis ("can't see"), and arthritis ("can't climb a tree"), but not always.

funny story: I used to work on herpes and hpv hotlines ;)

Must have been quite the experience.

reiters syndrome (venereal arthritis)

But aren't inclusion bodies seen only in viral infection? I was going to say syphilis, but I ruled it out b/c it's caused by bacteria.

There are some intracellular bacteria. Chlamydia is one group. Listeria is another. There are a bunch.

That a discussion on dating as a med student went right into a discussion on std's... along with visual aids! :eek: Haha make my day.

not a big deal, one shot of penicillin..... hahaha

not a big deal, one shot of penicillin..... hahaha

Nah, PCN, wouldn't be my first choice. If determination of N. gonorrhoeae and/or C. trachomatis infection is made empirically, I might go with azithromycin (Z-pak) or Doxy as the DOC. If the patient is an adult, a fluoroquinolone like levofloxacin might be a good alternative, as well.

If the patient has Reiter's with really bad arthritis, I might consider corticosteroids; otherwise, I might just give an NSAID for the inflammation and joint pain.

Indeed. C. trachomatis is gram-negative. No PCN for them.

Nah, PCN, wouldn't be my first choice. If determination of N. gonorrhoeae and/or C. trachomatis infection is made empirically, I might go with azithromycin (Z-pak) or Doxy as the DOC. If the patient is an adult, a fluoroquinolone like levofloxacin might be a good alternative, as well.

If the patient has Reiter's with really bad arthritis, I might consider corticosteroids; otherwise, I might just give an NSAID for the imflammation and joint pain.

UHMMM You have WOWed me with your KNOWledge.:D:D

I think I would Date you if we were in a Bar and you said those exact words to me

I think I would Date you if we were in a Bar and you said those exact words to me

Be wary of Endocardium. He might be trying to pick up women in the dating thread with his brainiac ways.

Everyone knows that a thorough knowledge of anitbiotics gets all the chics...

Yes I only need to DATE men I have my BOBby in my naughty drawer so I don't have to worry about SCORING with anyone who could potentially give me STD's after the condom POSSIBLy breaking during the ACT of SCORING.

LOL I'm a NUT :D:D:D

What a complement; thanks! Well, then, I guess I can say that all those years of hard work in medical school have paid off, indeed, at least with making me dateable material. I was worried that my nerdiness was going to be my undoing. :D

What a complement; thanks! Well, then, I guess I can say that all those years of hard work in medical school have paid off, indeed, at least with making me dateable material. :D

Yep that's all it takes to get me turned on :D:D

He's right, boys.

If you cant make being a future doctor work to your advantage, then ye are lost.

Her: "I couldve dated this guy who was a med student few years ago, but I though he was just a bookworm with no money. Now he's a doctor and my looks are wilting. ****."

He's right, boys.

If you cant make being a future doctor work to your advantage, then ye are lost.

Her: "I couldve dated this guy who was a med student few years ago, but I though he was just a bookworm with no money. Now he's a doctor and my looks are wilting. ****."

I was just messing around here. However, if you want to get a bit more serious, I would say that you probably do not want to work the whole, "I'm going to be a doctor" thing, unless you actually want to attract a significant other who is into superficiality and is likely going to divorce you in 5 years, or less, should you go farther than merely hooking up for a night or two. There's nothing wrong with that (both the hooking up or the superficiality), and I'm sure career has some influence in attracting a potential life partner, but I don't think it should be the make, or break, point, at least for me, with respect to a long term relationship. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I want someone who is actually more attracted to me, than the amount of dollars I can put into her purse, or the perceived prestige I might provide. Again, I'm sure these are sound factors in choosing a mate for some, but it would suck if these were the determining factors in my relationship.

Additionally, I do not want a trophy. I want someone who is my equal, who is as ambitious about her career as me, who is striving to expand into her creativity, and who continually challanges me to expand into mine. Trophies are boring; they sit and gather dust.

Anyway, that's my rant.