Dating life in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just messing around here. However, if you want to get a bit more serious, I would say that you probably do not want to work the whole, "I'm going to be a doctor" thing, unless you actually want to attract a significant other who is into superficiality and is likely going to divorce you in 5 years, or less, should you go farther than merely hooking up for a night or two. There's nothing wrong with that (both the hooking up or the superficiality), and I'm sure career has some influence in attracting a potential life partner, but I don't think it should be the make, or break, point, at least for me, with respect to a long term relationship. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I want someone who is actually more attracted to me, than the amount of dollars I can put into her purse, or the perceived prestige I might provide. Again, I'm sure these are sound factors in choosing a mate for some, but it would suck if these were the determining factors in my relationship.

Additionally, I do not want a trophy. I want someone who is my equal, who is as ambitious about her career as me, who is striving to expand into her creativity, and who continually challanges me to expand into mine. Trophies are boring; they sit and gather dust.

Anyway, that's my rant.

I agree with you as with not wanting a trophy wife. But how does that play into women who are soon to be docs??? Do we get shorthanded when it comes to men on the OUTSIDE?? or Is it a little easier for a woman being single in medical school??

Members don't see this ad.