Day before the test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartrate

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have already taken the mcat, how did you spend the day before the test?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have already taken the mcat, how did you spend the day before the test?

I did not study the day before the MCAT. I relaxed, met with friends, ate out, and generally thought about other things. I felt it would be good to enter the test with as little tension as possible.

I'm taking the test tomorrow.

Went to work today, didn't work too hard.

Tonight I need to clean my Bathroom then I'll watch Lost with my wife. Tomorrow I'm going to go for a short (~4 miles) run and maybe watch some Futurama before heading to the site.

Good luck to You!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not studying. Sitting on my ass, watching stand-up on comedy central, reading Darwin Awards...anything that'll make me laugh. Oh yeah, went to the liquor store with a friend who turned twenty-one today.

Last year, I stopped studying two days prior to test day. The day before the test I ate a good, big Italian dinner (Maggianos!) and had a glass of wine. With waking up at 5am every morning to get ready for the test, the full stomach and glass of wine definitely made me relaxed and ready for bed.

Well that day is today for me. I went to class, reviewed formulas and now Im gonna go carb load at an Italian resturant and go to a movie. Tomorrow, sleep in till 9. Maybe go for a quick run if its not pouring. (been raining for 4 days) and grab a sandwhich and off to the site.

I'm with you diver. Going to order some pizza and hang out with a buddy of mine. Attempt to sleep, maybe do a short run in the morning, have some eggs and then determine my fate

hehe...I'm beginning to feel nauseated...

tick tock tick tock...I hope I don't get lost tomorrow...or oversleep...

Anyways, good luck to everyone else as well!

I took AAMC 10, looked over what I got wrong. Then I looked at flash cards for about an hour. After that I had dinner and hung out with friends.

Good luck.

Just curious, how did everyone sleep the night before the test? Would anyone suggest taking a sleep aid? I have not gotten a good nights sleep for the past 2-3 weeks and it is wearing me down.

Just curious, how did everyone sleep the night before the test? Would anyone suggest taking a sleep aid? I have not gotten a good nights sleep for the past 2-3 weeks and it is wearing me down.

Are you going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday? Setting your body's internal clock is key to getting a good night's sleep. I would stay away from a sleep aid b/c you don't know how it will affect you the next day.
You could start exercising by running. If you run about 5-6 miles in the afternoon, eat a big carbohydrate meal for dinner, you should have absolutely no problem falling asleep.

Are you going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday? Setting your body's internal clock is key to getting a good night's sleep. I would stay away from a sleep aid b/c you don't know how it will affect you the next day.
You could start exercising by running. If you run about 5-6 miles in the afternoon, eat a big carbohydrate meal for dinner, you should have absolutely no problem falling asleep.

Sounds good. I was skeptical about using a sleep aid because I have never used them before. A friend suggested it. The last few weeks I have not been in my regular work out routine, but I will be sure to get a good run in and lift some weights on Sunday.