dds in canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joesat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys i am a dental graduate from india ......... going to canada ... please help me how to proceed ............ where to start studying from . and how to apply for dds:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

hey joe..with What VISa u are moving to Canada..???
i would also like to go tere but dnt hve any..how much time it takes to get a visa to canada like i mean if we apply now how long..i dn thve any relatives there..:(

hey joe..with What VISa u are moving to Canada..???
i would also like to go tere but dnt hve any..how much time it takes to get a visa to canada like i mean if we apply now how long..i dn thve any relatives there..:(
actually i am getting married there ... so i need help how to clear national boards . wat all to study

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man,

You cannot come to Canada and simply just do the boards and get your DDS if that is what i can get from your message. You have to enrol in a dental school that offers a "qualifying program", where you will spend two years, after which you will get a certificate or a DDS depending where you go, after which you become eligible to take the national dental boards of canada for general licensure. Then after you will have to get provincial licensure, depending where you go.

Application for the qualifying program is VERY competitive as far as i know and NOT all canadian schools offer it. Goodluck.

Jamster

how to get enrolled for the qualifying exam in the first place.....jamster please help......thanks for any help

For Canada you have to start with the web site of ACFD. Right now they are changing policies so maybe you have to wait until the new one comes to live.