DDW abstract and manuscipt question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTFoolUS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was able to have a few posters accepted to DDW this year. However both these projects are mostly completed and are at the point of writing up for a manuscipt.

However I am unsure on the rules for DDW, can I submit this same research for a paper prior to the May conference, or can it only be submitted / published after?

Members don't see this ad.

I was able to have a few posters accepted to DDW this year. However both these projects are mostly completed and are at the point of writing up for a manuscipt.

However I am unsure on the rules for DDW, can I submit this same research for a paper prior to the May conference, or can it only be submitted / published after?

You can submit for publication. YOU CAN submit, there is no issue with submitting your paper before the conference.

You can submit for publication. YOU CAN submit, there is no issue with submitting your paper before the conference.
than whats the issue submitting before? I dont understand the logic of the dec 1 deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
than whats the issue submitting before? I dont understand the logic of the dec 1 deadline.
Submission for ddw opens in October. Once you submit the abstract, even if it’s before December, you can submit a manuscript. Why that rule exists, I still don’t understand, except that, I think mainly ddw doesn’t want published manuscripts to be under consideration for an abstract.

If your full paper is already accepted then it’s pointless for it to be considered as an abstract. And further unfair to other people who are vying for the same abstract spot