1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

De La Salle dental school and california please help

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by sherry00, Jan 7, 2009.

1. sherry00

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    dear Dr,s
    have you guys heard of this dental school in Mexico
    is this for real?
    Since 2002, graduates of the California accredited La Salle School of Dentistry are eligible to participate in licensing examinations for the State of California
    Please those students who are attending in IDP program at La Salle give some info in regards to be a licensed dentist in California after graduation.:idea:
    Also i need to know if we ever can work in any other states beside California at any time after being licensed .

2. Vejaeju

2+ Year Member

Dentist
    As far as I know you have to be fluent in Spanish to apply to this program and I think you can only work in California. If you speak Spanish and want to work only in CA, go for it!

If anyone knows anything different, please post a reply. I remember checking this school before and, if I am right, the requirements for application are the same as the US schools, plus you have to be fluent in Spanish. ;)

3. ASB

ASB
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I went there to mexico and got rejected.
    You can be selected even if you do not speak spanish.

4. surav

surav Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi,

I know some friends attending the program. You do not need to know spanish. once accepted, they will have a spanish course for 3 months. It is a 2yr program that costs about 88000$. There are about 30 seats and many spanish speaking students are accepted. Competetion is relatively easy. I have seen people accepted with scores of 78. You have to take WREB and can practice only in CA after that. I heard the english proficiency of the professors is very bad. Course starts in Jan. and interviews in july.

5. sherry00

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thank you all so much
    But my question is` at any point after so many years being licensed in California can we ever work in any other states?
    How about getting a student loan ?
    can i get a student loan in the US without any problem since the school is out of state.
    there is so many concern for me in regards to this school
    I don't want to spend so much money and 2 years of my life if i can not get a job in California or even having a tough time to be licensed after graduation.
    Please those who are attending or knowing of some one who is doing a IDP program at this school leave me a private message that i could contact them.

thanks

6. kilani

kilani Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Well if you become licensed in California and work their for 5 years you may be eligible for license by credentials in some other states which reciprocate with California, the only way to find for sure is to contact the dental board in the state you think you will move to after California.

7. La fea

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If you are a US citizen or PR, there are some banks that do give out loans for studying out of the country.
    If you are Canadian, then I dont know what your options are.

8. dagu123

dagu123 LLU Class of 2011.
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The competition to get the admission in this school is moderate. I met two girls from India who secured the admission at avg scores. I dont have thier contact information though. They told me the program is very cheap. We can finish within $40,000 + $40,000 = $80,000. Also it is not necessary to know the Spanish to get the acceptance.

Even though it is moderate to get the admission, I would recommend keeping this option as last due to its restrictions such as practicing only in CA.

9. monreal

monreal Au pôle nord
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Licensure by credentials is available for accredited schools grads who do not want to take another regional board exam to work somewhere else. Foreign grad who gained license in CA or MN ,through a way other than DDS/DMD, will not be eligible.

10. Dr World

How can get finance for de la salle Mexico CIRO

11. nbdeexam1

Dental Student
    Hello guys!

I m a male foreign trained dentist ,cleared my NBDE both parts and dental school in US and provide private online tutorials for via Skype at a very reasonable prize. You will be offered flexible study hours and you can choose topics /subjects where you need guidance.
    Just pay class per session ,weekend and evening classes also available and also for TOEFL. Please be free to inbox me.

Mrwalkingbass likes this.