Dead Doctor -- Oops ... this was supposed to go with the speeding thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD'05

Money Hungry Pervert
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was an EMT, we pulled this dead doctor out of his car. He must have been driving about 70 mph in a 45 mph zone and lost control on a curve -- hit a tree head on and most likely tore the root of his aorta due to chest trauma.

I didn't feel so much bad for him as I did for his young son who was in the backseat: through-and-through femur fracture, crushed foot, possible internal injuries -- and now NO father!

Speed limits are there for a reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by MD'05
When I was an EMT, we pulled this dead doctor out of his car. He must have been driving about 70 mph in a 45 mph zone and lost control on a curve -- hit a tree head on and most likely tore the root of his aorta due to chest trauma.

I didn't feel so much bad for him as I did for his young son who was in the backseat: through-and-through femur fracture, crushed foot, possible internal injuries -- and now NO father!

Speed limits are there for a reason.

So you're saying that it is possible to drive your car too fast and you can actually be severely injured or even killed when you crash your car? Seriously? Are you also implying that the laws of physics apply to doctors too? :confused:

Thanks for sharing.

It is funny how whenever there is a silly thread on these boards about less than perfect behavior there are always a few kill-joys who want to come along and be mom or Lumberg and remind us how irresponsible we are! This post combined with the "arrogant doctors should all get tickets" post on the original thread reminds me that some people take themselves way too seriously.

Remember...

Only you can prevent forest fires.

Just say no.

I had to laugh when reading this post too. I guess all doctors speed and drive recklessly. :rolleyes: Also, speed does not kill. Speed + another factor kills. That factor can be many things including alcohol, drugs, old age, drowsiness, not paying attention, bad road conditions, dangerous road (i.e. school zone, curvy), etc. All these factors can kill without speed too. Any good driver knows that you can speed and still be the safest, best driver on the road. Only people who don't know how to drive say that speed kills.

Originally posted by DireWolf
I had to laugh when reading this post too. I guess all doctors speed and drive recklessly. :rolleyes: Also, speed does not kill. Speed + another factor kills. That factor can be many things including alcohol, drugs, old age, drowsiness, not paying attention, bad road conditions, dangerous road (i.e. school zone, curvy), etc. All these factors can kill without speed too. Any good driver knows that you can speed and still be the safest, best driver on the road. Only people who don't know how to drive say that speed kills.
This is such a sublime rationalization that if one isn't careful, one can almost read and believe it without realizing...

...it's still a rationalization. The "other factor" you refer to is always another object, and usually a sizable and rather unyielding one. Nice try, though.

Originally posted by aphistis
This is such a sublime rationalization that if one isn't careful, one can almost read and believe it without realizing...

...it's still a rationalization.

If fact = rationalization

so be it.

Originally posted by edinOH
So you're saying that it is possible to drive your car too fast and you can actually be severely injured or even killed when you crash your car? Seriously? Are you also implying that the laws of physics apply to doctors too? :confused:

Precisely. You are pretty sharp. :laugh:

"It is funny how whenever there is a silly thread on these boards about less than perfect behavior there are always a few kill-joys who want to come along and be mom or Lumberg and remind us how irresponsible we are! This post combined with the "arrogant doctors should all get tickets" post on the original thread reminds me that some people take themselves way too seriously."

Hey ed, how did my name get brought up!?! I never post that kind of garbage...kindly post a complete retraction or I'll sic Dr. Mom on ya!;)

Later,
'berg