deadline for phorcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D5WwithNSS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I fail miserably and realized that the registar at my school is closed for xmas break til the 2nd of January. My deadline for one program is the 4th. I am going to overnight my transcript on the 2nd. Do you know what deadline exactly entails? Does it mean all material must be on phorcas or postmarked to phorcas by deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

The deadlines are set by the program, not Phorcas. It really is up to them if they choose to accept your application or not. We want to have all your materials to view by our chosen deadline because that is when we want to finish evaluating candidates and inviting them to interview. If we don't have your complete application, that makes it difficult.

Why didn't you request these transcipts weeks ago?

Just a heads up as well. PhORCAS takes forever to get transcripts up. They might be better at getting them up quicker now, but I submitted all my transcripts to them and it took 4 weeks for them to get posted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I fail miserably and realized that the registar at my school is closed for xmas break til the 2nd of January. My deadline for one program is the 4th. I am going to overnight my transcript on the 2nd. Do you know what deadline exactly entails? Does it mean all material must be on phorcas or postmarked to phorcas by deadline?

Just to let you know, USP processes transcripts in the order received, so it might take a few days. If possible, pick it up on the 2nd and mail it yourself, so you don't keep guessing whether they sent it out or not.

Just to let you know, USP processes transcripts in the order received, so it might take a few days. If possible, pick it up on the 2nd and mail it yourself, so you don't keep guessing whether they sent it out or not.

Just a note, PhORCAS wants transcripts mailed directly from the school with a form attached to the transcript, so I'm not sure if the would accept something mailed to them from the student. They also stated if you don't have the form attached to the transcripts that it may delay processing.

Why didn't you request these transcipts weeks ago?

can't speak for OP, but I was waiting for my school to post grades for the fall semester, as soon as they posted last week, I made sure to send them in....

that said, anyone having better luck with PhORCAS processing them faster? and do you think programs would be understanding?

can we choose what ever references we have on file to apply to a program or are each reference is specific to a particular program. i.e. Can i send reference X that i originally requested for program X to program Z.
thanks in advance