Deadline!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fightinaggievet

New Plan!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have one application due February 1st and the SOPHAS website has the following on deadlines: The SOPHAS designation clock operates on Pacific time. Therefore, you have until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the date of your deadline to e-submit.

Doesn't this mean I have until 11:59 PM on February 1st to submit my application? Just wanted to make sure so I can sleep tonight. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

actually I think the system works on EST.

I know that SOPHAS says it operates on PST. But when I submitted something after 9pm PST (= 12am EST next day), the record showed that I submitted it the day after.

It could be just what shows up on the SOPHAS webpage and be different on the actual system, but to be safe, I strongly recommend that you submit it before 9pm PST if you can.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. SOPHAS is an EST-located company, too. I actually always assumed it worked on EST time just because of that!

I think they are based in Boston?

Anyone applying still should take note that the East Coast is getting pounded by snow right now. We are supposed to get somewhere between two to three feet from now until Thursday. I am not sure how this effects SOPHAS, but companies, schools, businesses, etc. are shutting down quickly right now. You may want to give them a call or a shoot an e-mail and ask how this effects applications and notifications.

Thanks for the replies guys. I submitted it around 3 pm (Central time if you're curious :laugh:). I wanted to make sure about the time though because my vet school ap was due on October 1st 12:00 am. Now time for the waiting game :xf: