Deadlines absolute?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

droshan

Waitlist King!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just found out that Loma Linda's secondary application deadline has just passed. Is there anyway I could possibly still send in my application to be reviewed or is the deadline absolute?

Members don't see this ad.

you're trying to submit the secondary now? Dude, no chance..apply next year; it's waaay too late.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone has had luck submitting apps post deadline in the past. It was kind of a last minute decision to apply to loma linda but I want to try.

Might as well ask, but I would bet at best you won't get full consideration and at worst you might get tossed out immediately; not to be rude or too brutal, but they have enough trouble wading through a couple thousand applications without bending over backwards for people who can't follow directions.

*shrug* I know several ppl who submitted secondaries after the "deadline" who got interviews. One of my friends submitted his in december, got an interview on the last day they do interviews at that school, and got in. So you never know!

I think it's possible that schools will still let you submit your application (especially pay the application fee) and not consider you because of the missed deadline. Could be a waste of money

I think that the deadlines should be absolute, otherwise, what is the point of a deadline? We all have to take responsibility for meeting deadlines and keeping track of deadlines. While it's unfortunate that you didn't make the deadline..it was your responsibility to make it regardless, and they should not let you submit it, unless they want to contact the rest of the people who didn't submit to see if they too had intended to submit but forgot.

I'd check with the school. I know for a fact that at UCSD, even though there was a deadline, it was not absolute.