Dean of UOP in 2006??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usdental

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's going to take over Dugoni's place in 2006 as Dean of UOP???

"11/30/2004-Dugoni will step down as Pacific’s dean in 2006
The University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry has announced that Dean Arthur A. Dugoni, DDS, will step down as dean on June 30, 2006." Academy of General Dentistry

Members don't see this ad.

It hasn't been decided (or announced) yet

usdental said:
Who's going to take over Dugoni's place in 2006 as Dean of UOP???

"11/30/2004-Dugoni will step down as Pacific’s dean in 2006
The University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry has announced that Dean Arthur A. Dugoni, DDS, will step down as dean on June 30, 2006." Academy of General Dentistry
I think its going to be Yahya Mansour. Thats what I heard

Members don't see this ad :)
egpndoc said:
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA :laugh: i wonder who that could be...

egpndoc said:

That would make me think twice about going to Pacific!!j/k :scared:
:laugh: :laugh:

I have read on a number of posts on this site that the Dean of UOP is really great and will be a legend in the field of dentistry. I was just wondering what has he done to be thought as so? research? advancements?

Just Curious!

excite4 said:
I have read on a number of posts on this site that the Dean of UOP is really great and will be a legend in the field of dentistry. I was just wondering what has he done to be thought as so? research? advancements?

Just Curious!

He's brought in lots and lots of money for Pacific...really good business man :D
"Dr. Dugoni is credited with raising $50.8 million towards the School of Dentistry’s capital campaign...idea for pacific dental education foundation board reinventing itself as a campaign committee to raise money from alumni and making sure they make yearly gifts to the P&S Annual Fund.
"your gift to the commitment to excellence campaign is the most important investment you will make for the future of dentistry"

He is also the president of adafoundation

http://www.dental.uop.edu/alumni/profiles/Dugoni.htm

Plus he is a very personable, genuine guy who puts people first and seems to have an endless drive for excellence. Great man and tough loss for UOP and dentistry, though I believe he'll still be involved with both once he "retires."

There's a national search for the next dean but my money is on Dr. Yarborough. Just my opinion.