Dear Admission committee OR Dear Admissions Committee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I should know this, but which one is more appropriate for an update letter. I think admissions is better, but i already sent a couple of letter with admission (singular)..hate being a premed

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't think it matters - the substance of your letter will be 100% more important than how you "address" it. But if you must know, go to the school's web site and see what they call it themselves.

I gotta say I think it is hilarious that this is a thread. We are the nitpickiest, most neurotic bunch of people around. Honestly, what damage could one 's' do?

That said, if I had this question, I would have shamelessly put the same thread up.

Listen to Pheonix and check the site.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I gotta say I think it is hilarious that this is a thread. We are the nitpickiest, most neurotic bunch of people around. Honestly, what damage could one 's' do?

That said, if I had this question, I would have shamelessly put the same thread up.

Listen to Pheonix and check the site.

agree on all points.

I'll entertain your anxieties. It's the Committee on Admissions

Clearly it is neither... the letter should be addressed to "Dean Smith" or "Dr. Jones." Whomever the Dean of admissions, or chair of the committee is should get the letter.

(OK, truthfully, it doesn't matter, just being a brat and throwing out another possibility):smuggrin::smuggrin:

Clearly it is neither... the letter should be addressed to "Dean Smith" or "Dr. Jones." Whomever the Dean of admissions, or chair of the committee is should get the letter.

(OK, truthfully, it doesn't matter, just being a brat and throwing out another possibility):smuggrin::smuggrin:

This is actually the best way to go. It should be directed to the dean of admissions or director of admissions.

I know I should know this, but which one is more appropriate for an update letter. I think admissions is better, but i already sent a couple of letter with admission (singular)..hate being a premed
I would actually address it directly to the Dean of Admissions: Dear Dean X,

I mean, would you rather get a letter addressed like this: Dear Applicant

instead of: Dear Shejeboshease,

(My goodness you have a long username!)

:luck: to you. :)