Dear psychiatrists please answer , why doesn't my psychiatrist start my ptsd treatment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elaboratewithdodge

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with complex ptsd , I read about it on the internet that the best and most effective treatment is prolonged exposure therapy.About a month ago,My psychiatrist asked me to journal my intrusive thoughts which was nothing more than extreme excruciating agony for me. Despite that , I wrote my thoughts with honesty, perseverance and hope knowing this was part of my treatment. Ever since ( I visit him weekly) he hasn t gone through it even once and instead he discusses about my minor everyday life problems which does not concern me at all. I also feel he is wasting the session s time just to advance it into another session and another 120$s.He is really understanding and polite but I am also beginning to think he hates to see me there

Members don't see this ad.

I was diagnosed with complex ptsd , I read about it on the internet that the best and most effective treatment is prolonged exposure therapy.About a month ago,My psychiatrist asked me to journal my intrusive thoughts which was nothing more than extreme excruciating agony for me. Despite that , I wrote my thoughts with honesty, perseverance and hope knowing this was part of my treatment. Ever since ( I visit him weekly) he hasn t gone through it even once and instead he discusses about my minor everyday life problems which does not concern me at all. I also feel he is wasting the session s time just to advance it into another session and another 120$s.He is really understanding and polite but I am also beginning to think he hates to see me there

Closing. SDN is not for medical advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.