DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine...PART 6!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You all probably got this email, but if not, here it is. OUR T-SHIRTS ARE IN!!!! :clap: Also, since there is a BBQ the night before I was going to do mine, I am going to do it a weekend or two before. I know a lot of you won't be there yet, but it is silly to do them together like that. I am not posting the pics on here because I am on an old, crappy computer now because my two year old poured a cup of water on my laptop. So, if someone else can post the pics that would be great. The apartments look really nice.:D :thumbup:

Here are some new pictures of the apartments. The model units are now ready for viewing. The pictures show the furnishings and kitchen appliances. Note that the heating/cooling units (under the countertop in the third picture) have not been installed so there is a piece of plywood over the opening but this is only temporary. The breakfast bar, on the edge of pass-through window in the two-room units, will be added shortly. If you want to see the units just contact me and we can arrange a time for a tour.

On the second floor of the medical school the interior has been painted and the floor tile has been installed. Progress on the first floor is just a couple of steps behind the second floor and it will soon be painted.

The bookstore now has LMU-DCOM t-shirts available. They have ordered scrubs, shorts, and sweats which should be here soon.

On the Friday night of orientation we are going to have a barbecue on campus from 6-8. Significant others and immediate family are also invited. If your parents or other family members are here to help you move in please bring them. On Monday you will be receiving a flyer with a link to an on-line registration form. We need to know how many people are coming to plan accordingly.

I have gotten several more calls about medical instruments and I encourage you to wait until later in the fall to buy them. You will not need them right away. We are negotiating with a vendor to develop a package deal so that you get a substantial discount over what you would pay as an individual. If you buy something now and then find out that because of bulk ordering you could have saved 20% I don’t think you will be happy.

Hey can somebody post the pics Dr Leo sent for some reason my email doesnt like to show pics....

Here are the pics

You all probably got this email, but if not, here it is. OUR T-SHIRTS ARE IN!!!! :clap: Also, since there is a BBQ the night before I was going to do mine, I am going to do it a weekend or two before. I know a lot of you won't be there yet, but it is silly to do them together like that. I am not posting the pics on here because I am on an old, crappy computer now because my two year old poured a cup of water on my laptop. So, if someone else can post the pics that would be great. The apartments look really nice.:D :thumbup:

Here are some new pictures of the apartments. The model units are now ready for viewing. The pictures show the furnishings and kitchen appliances. Note that the heating/cooling units (under the countertop in the third picture) have not been installed so there is a piece of plywood over the opening but this is only temporary. The breakfast bar, on the edge of pass-through window in the two-room units, will be added shortly. If you want to see the units just contact me and we can arrange a time for a tour.

On the second floor of the medical school the interior has been painted and the floor tile has been installed. Progress on the first floor is just a couple of steps behind the second floor and it will soon be painted.

The bookstore now has LMU-DCOM t-shirts available. They have ordered scrubs, shorts, and sweats which should be here soon.

On the Friday night of orientation we are going to have a barbecue on campus from 6-8. Significant others and immediate family are also invited. If your parents or other family members are here to help you move in please bring them. On Monday you will be receiving a flyer with a link to an on-line registration form. We need to know how many people are coming to plan accordingly.

I have gotten several more calls about medical instruments and I encourage you to wait until later in the fall to buy them. You will not need them right away. We are negotiating with a vendor to develop a package deal so that you get a substantial discount over what you would pay as an individual. If you buy something now and then find out that because of bulk ordering you could have saved 20% I don’t think you will be happy.

For some reason I didn't get this email. I have received a few from Dr. Leo, was this one from him?

WOOT!!! We can go into practice together and have a spot behind the office for all the animals so we can take them to work.:laugh: :love:

Oh man I am SO DOWN FOR THAT!!! :laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

For some reason I didn't get this email. I have received a few from Dr. Leo, was this one from him?

Yup. I got it this morning at 11:34. I also like how they covered all the questions that we've had on this thread. :lol:

Thanks for the info! I also did not receive the e-mail.

Thanks for the info! I also did not receive the e-mail.

I guess we Knoxvillians are getting left out of the loop! :(

Hey, I got a PM from you that was blank. What's the deal? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I know of several people who didn't get the email. I guess they have to work on that. But, you can always ask someone on SDN who did get it and we will share for now.:D :love:

I know of several people who didn't get the email. I guess they have to work on that. But, you can always ask someone on SDN who did get it and we will share for now.:D :love:

I don't know, I haven't got that whole.... sharing thing down yet. :smuggrin:

So, what do y'all think about my new avatar?:laugh: ;)

ARRGGGHHH! Someone is craaaanky on the other thread. :mad:

I don't think he is cranky, I think he is correct in his assessment. This is probably the most public location for individuals to come to get information about schools and the process of applying. When they see the thread labeled DCOM, I am sure they want to see accurate and informative information, instead they get a bunch of crap about farms, horses, goats, and everything else that is not related to the school.

DCOM is my school too, as well as at least 40 other individuals that are registered on this forum. Why do we have to have our school looked at by the other members of this forum in a negative manner because of a few individuals. I have read every one of the DCOM posts and I have seen very little valuable information posted. Instead, it seems like a few people who have become addicted to the attention that they receive on the forum and post for no reason at all.

I want people to look at DCOM with respect. So in the future can we please make this a forum individuals can come to in order to gain useful information about our school, not that there is a single person on here qualified to answer a single question about DCOM, since things are changing and being improved every day.

I don't think he is cranky, I think he is correct in his assessment. This is probably the most public location for individuals to come to get information about schools and the process of applying. When they see the thread labeled DCOM, I am sure they want to see accurate and informative information, instead they get a bunch of crap about farms, horses, goats, and everything else that is not related to the school.

DCOM is my school too, as well as at least 40 other individuals that are registered on this forum. Why do we have to have our school looked at by the other members of this forum in a negative manner because of a few individuals. I have read every one of the DCOM posts and I have seen very little valuable information posted. Instead, it seems like a few people who have become addicted to the attention that they receive on the forum and post for no reason at all.

I want people to look at DCOM with respect. So in the future can we please make this a forum individuals can come to in order to gain useful information about our school, not that there is a single person on here qualified to answer a single question about DCOM, since things are changing and being improved every day.

First of all, any question that has ever been asked, we have answered. We post pictures, information from emails, information about our interviews, etc. Just look at this page alone and see how much beneficial and accurate information is posted here. While there may be useless information about goats or silly jokes and stuff like that, there is a lot of great information about the school as well. If you read through ANY thread on SDN, you will find a bunch of useless information and jokes scattered throughout. Go read through some other threads and you will see what I mean. It is not disrespectful in any way.

SDN is both a place for information and enjoyment. We already enjoy the company of our fellow classmates and have fun joking around with each other. It has nothing to do with being addicted to attention and everything to do with kidding around with people we care about and consider to be friends. This has now become the class thread and so it is actually now the appropriate place to post about our personal interests and opinions. I am sorry if you find that to be disrespectful or negative in anyway. But, life, and SDN, is not all work. You need to enjoy yourself as well. People come to SDN for both purposes and there is nothing wrong with anything any members of our class have posted on this thread. (Well, maybe Dr. I, but that's another story.);)

As for information about the school itself, we can only give opinions based on our own experiences. This is a public internet forum and not the official place for information about any school. If someone wants further information about DCOM, they should visit their site or call the school and get information that way.

And why does everyone have to pick on the goats and horses....They never did anything to you.:( :smuggrin:

I am sorry if you are offended by our friendly banter, but the vast majority of people on SDN do not find it offensive and enjoy themselves here.:)

Sheesh, lighten up, Francis. Student doctors are people, too. Furthermore, most people know to take SDN with a grain of salt.

I really don't see why it matters anyways. Even if we do take up the supposedly "coveted" first post spot I really doubt anyone is going to think it's that much trouble to shift their eyes down a whole 1/8" to see the next thread. Plus I doubt all the ish that we post makes people look down on us. I think it makes us look fun and interesting and shows people that we get along. I wouldn't want to post in a thread that's all business. What fun is that?

I guess we Knoxvillians are getting left out of the loop! :(

Hey, I got a PM from you that was blank. What's the deal? :)
Oh no! I'm so sorry, I must have messed up somehow when I sent it! I was just inviting you to have lunch with NPEMTIV and I on campus. I was wondering why I never heard back from you... I will send you a facebook message next time, or PM me if you have some free time and maybe we can grab a bite to eat after finals week! Sorry again for the confusion! :)

I really don't see why it matters anyways. Even if we do take up the supposedly "coveted" first post spot I really doubt anyone is going to think it's that much trouble to shift their eyes down a whole 1/8" to see the next thread. Plus I doubt all the ish that we post makes people look down on us. I think it makes us look fun and interesting and shows people that we get along. I wouldn't want to post in a thread that's all business. What fun is that?

Frankly it is ridiculous! People always pop into our thread and say how great DCOM is going to be. :) There are always just a few prudes as in any class/situation that suck the life out of everything. Certainly not every post is valuable info and some of it is down right cr@p, but there are great things being written all the time. :thumbup:

Oh no! I'm so sorry, I must have messed up somehow when I sent it! I was just inviting you to have lunch with NPEMTIV and I on campus. I was wondering why I never heard back from you... I will send you a facebook message next time, or PM me if you have some free time and maybe we can grab a bite to eat after finals week! Sorry again for the confusion! :)

That would have been fun! We definately need to do that sometime. Though after finals NPEMTIV is heading out to work full-tiime at splash country right? My last two finals are tomorrow and Tuesday. I will be thrilled to have it done!

That would have been fun! We definately need to do that sometime. Though after finals NPEMTIV is heading out to work full-tiime at splash country right? My last two finals are tomorrow and Tuesday. I will be thrilled to have it done!
Good luck with finals! We'll have to stay in touch over the summer!

I work in Knox Co. too so I'm back and forth all the time. Plus, I live in Anderson Co. However, I do prefer getting paid to sit in an office by the pool all summer as opposed to being on an ambulance.

I just wanted to throw this out there...as a possibility, and nothing more. I should know more in the next month or so...but, if anyone was thinking about getting a bigger apartment than they NEED, but has held back due to money...I might be interested in renting a room from you....and would plan to use it occasionally during the week and hardly ever, if ever, on the weekends.

If anyone is interested, please let me know...

I just wanted to throw this out there...as a possibility, and nothing more. I should know more in the next month or so...but, if anyone was thinking about getting a bigger apartment than they NEED, but has held back due to money...I might be interested in renting a room from you....and would plan to use it occasionally during the week and hardly ever, if ever, on the weekends.

Ummm...so is that a no on the use of a stall? :smuggrin: ;) You can crash on the couch if you want. My kids will climb all over you in the morning though. :laugh:

Ummm...so is that a no on the use of a stall? :smuggrin: ;) You can crash on the couch if you want. My kids will climb all over you in the morning though. :laugh:

Kids are sooooo like that! :laugh:

I've got dogs that like to crawl all over me, so I'm familiar!

We hope to live about 45 minutes to 55 minutes away,but I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to keep a place to stay up near the school for the first two years.

Looks like the Mrs. is going to be working in West Knoxville, so her commute will be about 30 minutes or so...

We hope to live about 45 minutes to 55 minutes away,but I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to keep a place to stay up near the school for the first two years.

Looks like the Mrs. is going to be working in West Knoxville, so her commute will be about 30 minutes or so...

I'll show you some nice shortcuts from Halls to W. Knox when you get into town. They help mainly during rush hours.

So, Mrs. MJB found a job? CONGRATS!!! :clap::D

I'll show you some nice shortcuts from Halls to W. Knox when you get into town. They help mainly during rush hours.

Sounds like a plan. She might be working afternoons...so hopefully won't have to worry about traffic so much...but who knows.

We got quite a tour of North and Northwest Knox county yesterday! Long story!

Oh, and we found a pretty decent ice cream shack up off Emory Road!

3 interviews...3 offers! :) 2 immediate, and one about 16 hours post-interview.

Nursing is a decent field. :)

Sweet!:D :thumbup: Now you just need the house.:luck:

Sounds like a plan. She might be working afternoons...so hopefully won't have to worry about traffic so much...but who knows.

We got quite a tour of North and Northwest Knox county yesterday! Long story!

Oh, and we found a pretty decent ice cream shack up off Emory Road!

It can get a little tricky what with the roads changing names mid-street and all. Not to mention the wonderful construction.

If this house works out for me I'll have 4 rooms that you can choose from about 5 min from school. Unfortunately there aren't any ordinances written up for housing like this (graduate students living together) and the only one they do have is for something like a frat house. Because we're the first ones to suggest it so far, they're going to have to hold a hearing and try and make up some ordinances so if any problems happen down the road they're already prepared. Plus we're still looking at zoning laws and waiting for the realtor to get back to us about lenders in the area. We decided to work local because they'd be more willing to work with us and understand the situation. Least that's what my mom and the realtor think.

If this house works out for me I'll have 4 rooms that you can choose from about 5 min from school. Unfortunately there aren't any ordinances written up for housing like this (graduate students living together) and the only one they do have is for something like a frat house. Because we're the first ones to suggest it so far, they're going to have to hold a hearing and try and make up some ordinances so if any problems happen down the road they're already prepared. Plus we're still looking at zoning laws and waiting for the realtor to get back to us about lenders in the area. We decided to work local because they'd be more willing to work with us and understand the situation. Least that's what my mom and the realtor think.

Oh SWEET! We can have our own little "Old School"!

Alright second years... what do you do when you're sick of studying!?! :eek: