Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyjohn

Got Mustard?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm starting a new thread for DCOM. The old one is past 1000 posts and per the new rules, needs to be closed!

Members don't see this ad.

How are we going to be assigned to a core hospital? I think it should be based on class standing! :D

How are we going to be assigned to a core hospital? I think it should be based on class standing! :D

It was decided we would have a goat chip throwing contest at Doctormom's ranch down in Harrogate to decide coore hospitals!

"The ANNUAL DCOM GOAT CHIP THROWING BBQ, HO DOWN and Jamboree!"

Yeeeeehaw!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cubs pitches and catchers reported today!!!

Baseball is near! Maybe it will be the Cubs year, but we fans always say that :laugh:

Daytona 500 is this weekend too! You future southerners better get ready for NASCAR!!! We won't be able to watch though b/c we will be at DCOM this weekend. Time for the wife to check out the area so we can make the final decision :rolleyes:

Baseball is near! Maybe it will be the Cubs year, but we fans always say that :laugh:

Daytona 500 is this weekend too! You future southerners better get ready for NASCAR!!! We won't be able to watch though b/c we will be at DCOM this weekend. Time for the wife to check out the area so we can make the final decision :rolleyes:

GO CUBS!

Thank goodnes Rex Grossman doesn't fancy himself a pitcher!

WTH how come so many Cubs fans at DCOM? I am a DIE HARD CUBS FAN!!! I love em. Now that all you are DCOM, I must apply

WTH how come so many Cubs fans at DCOM? I am a DIE HARD CUBS FAN!!! I love em. Now that all you are DCOM, I must apply

You shoulda been around two weeks ago for our Superbowl Love fest.

BEARS IN 2008! ON TO ARIZONA!

I stil believe Lovie, I still believe! :love:

BTW - is anybody doing anything special for Valentine's Day? :love: :love:

I am making the wife dinner and we will watch American Idol on DVR (one of the best inventions ever :thumbup: )

I am making the wife dinner and we will watch American Idol on DVR (one of the best inventions ever :thumbup: )

I *heart* Tivo. Best thing since the lightbulb.

We switched from dish to Comcat (rat bazztids) son know we have that DVR.

I am making cornish hens and waiting patiently for my gifts. :love:

You shoulda been around two weeks ago for our Superbowl Love fest.

BEARS IN 2008! ON TO ARIZONA!

I stil believe Lovie, I still believe! :love:

I am still in Post Superbowl depression. I gain 6 pounds!!! On a side note, I love Nashville:)

Uhhh... no. And I doubt my roommate will be home any time soon, as she's out with her bf. Looks like it's me and the cats tonight. I'll watch tv, they'll watch the fish tank. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still in Post Superbowl depression. I gain 6 pounds!!! On a side note, I love Nashville:)

This brought a smile back to my husband's face:

So Peyton Manning had a long and happy post-Superbowl life and one day, he passed away. He went to heaven where St. Peter met him at the gate, told him he was a wonderful guy and he was allowed in. St. Peter led him to a huge mansion on a street of gold and Peyton was very happy. As he was settling in, he noticed a huge house at the end of the street. The house was 3x as big as his, had a Bear flag on the flagpole and was orange and navy. Peyton called St. Peter, told him about the house and asked who it belonged to, and St. Peter said "Oh, that house--that's God's house!"

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!

GO JIMMIE JOHNSON!!!!!

I have to say, I think that Valentine's Day is a stupid holiday. :laugh: :smuggrin: I am just not into the whole thing. I bought my husband Red Sox tickets and a card and he gave me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries. But, I have to say it is a total scam to get us to spend money on stupid stuff. I think the whole concept of cut flowers is silly too. They just die. I would much prefer a plant that I can keep forever. :laugh: I guess I am just too practical for Valentine's Day. Although, I would have loved to have gotten a goat for Valentine's Day.:love:

I have to say, I think that Valentine's Day is a stupid holiday. :laugh: :smuggrin: I am just not into the whole thing. I bought my husband Red Sox tickets and a card and he gave me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries. But, I have to say it is a total scam to get us to spend money on stupid stuff. I think the whole concept of cut flowers is silly too. They just die. I would much prefer a plant that I can keep forever. :laugh: I guess I am just too practical for Valentine's Day. Although, I would have loved to have gotten a goat for Valentine's Day.:love:

:clap::clap::clap:

My wife and I have never been big valentine's day people either (though in high school we did b/c it was cute and a good way to get out for a night). Usually just cards to each other. We have never done anything on Sweetest Day either - no cards, flowers, nothing.

:clap::clap::clap:

My wife and I have never been big valentine's day people either (though in high school we did b/c it was cute and a good way to get out for a night). Usually just cards to each other. We have never done anything on Sweetest Day either - no cards, flowers, nothing.

Sweetest day? What is that?

Hey Docmom,

How is the snow?!? :D How much did you get?

Hey Docmom,

How is the snow?!? :D How much did you get?

LOL! Still snowing. It has been snowing since about 10:00 last night. We have a blizzard watch until 6:00 am tomorrow. I think we have a foot and a half here right now, but some places have at least two. It is drifting because of the wind and there are drifts that are about four feet deep. I will keep you all posted.:D

I totally agree. Instead of spending money on crap chocolate and cards, we took the kids out to dinner. I dont really think its such a bad thing....to think about our significant others, but I dont think we need a holiday to freakin remind us that we love our wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends.

I totally agree. Instead of spending money on crap chocolate and cards, we took the kids out to dinner. I dont really think its such a bad thing....to think about our significant others, but I dont think we need a holiday to freakin remind us that we love our wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends.

:thumbup: That's what happens when you are married with kids. :laugh:I think that is a much better way to spend your money.:)

The snow is done. It stopped about midnight last night. I think we probably got close to two feet here, but there were places that got close to four.:eek: The snowfall amounts around my area have been from 17 to 22, so I think we are somewhere in there. School is closed again today. Of course, organic chemistry lab tonight is not canceled though.:smuggrin: The roads are still really bad. The kids are bummed about it because they were looking forward to their Valentine's Day parties. I guess they will have them tomorrow.

We are leaving for Tennessee Sunday night/Monday morning about 3 am. We are driving straight down and will be there until Friday morning. I hope to stop by DCOM and get a tour and more pics for you all, but we are trying to fit lots of things into not a lot of time. I want a DCOM shirt too!!!:laugh:

I wanna DCOM coffee mug!!!!

*checking her paypal account to send DoctorMom a fiver*

I like snow, but I'm ready for this stuff to end. Lake effect snow is no joke!

:smuggrin:

*Sunny tossing out her Peter Pan penut butter 'cause of salmonella*

The snow is done. It stopped about midnight last night. I think we probably got close to two feet here, but there were places that got close to four.:eek: The snowfall amounts around my area have been from 17 to 22, so I think we are somewhere in there. School is closed again today. Of course, organic chemistry lab tonight is not canceled though.:smuggrin: The roads are still really bad. The kids are bummed about it because they were looking forward to their Valentine's Day parties. I guess they will have them tomorrow.

We are leaving for Tennessee Sunday night/Monday morning about 3 am. We are driving straight down and will be there until Friday morning. I hope to stop by DCOM and get a tour and more pics for you all, but we are trying to fit lots of things into not a lot of time. I want a DCOM shirt too!!!:laugh:

We are leaving Saturday morning, flying in Louisville, then driving the rest of the way. I am not sure exactly what we will be able to do at DCOM since it is a weekend, but hopefully the bookstore is open at LMU and we can pick up a t-shirt or sweatshirt too.

Are you going to be staying at the HIExpress again?

Nascar,

You and Jen(?) and Doctormom and her husband should get together and have some BBQ!!!

I'm up to my knees in snow. The sand at the back door is white but the street entrance is a mess! Dang city snow plows!!!:mad:

Nascar,

You and Jen(?) and Doctormom and her husband should get together and have some BBQ!!!

I'm up to my knees in snow. The sand at the back door is white but the street entrance is a mess! Dang city snow plows!!!:mad:

We totally would, but we will be missing each other by a day :(

Yes, my wife is Jen :thumbup: (but she's a white sox fan :thumbdown: it's a bit of a mixed marriage :laugh: )

Yeah, the plows don't care about the driveways. they just put more on them for you. we got around 10 inches, but i assume you got more b/c of the lake, you hoosiers usually do :smuggrin: It just freezing - again

Cubs are going no where lol Phillies will destroy them this year, go phillies:D

We totally would, but we will be missing each other by a day :(

Yes, my wife is Jen :thumbup: (but she's a white sox fan :thumbdown: it's a bit of a mixed marriage :laugh: )

Yeah, the plows don't care about the driveways. they just put more on them for you. we got around 10 inches, but i assume you got more b/c of the lake, you hoosiers usually do :smuggrin: It just freezing - again

I kinda like the White Soxs too! (Yeah Jen)! LOL@ "mixed marriage"!!:laugh: :thumbup:

I'm a Texas transplant so I even like the Rangers!

Thank HEAVEN A-ROD is GONE! Who spends all that money for one player when the rest of the positions are hurting? Like putting a Rolls Royce hood oranment on a Yugo! :mad: We still haven't recovered!

Philly NEVER! CUBS FOREVER! :p

I kinda like the White Soxs too! (Yeah Jen)! LOL@ "mixed marriage"!!:laugh: :thumbup:

I'm a Texas transplant so I even like the Rangers!

Thank HEAVEN A-ROD is GONE! Who spends all that money for one player when the rest of the positions are hurting? Like putting a Rolls Royce hood oranment on a Yugo! :mad: We still haven't recovered!

Philly NEVER! CUBS FOREVER! :p

The Rangers just signed Sammy Sosa to a minor league contract with hopes he will make it back to the majors :laugh:

It was bitter-sweet when the sox won the world series two years ago. It was exciting and all (and yes I did cheer for the sox *my cubbie-blue blood just turned a little black*), but I wish it would have been my cubbies.

Lambo - The Phils have a good team (esp. Ryan Howard :eek: ). How about a Phils / Cubs NLCS with the Cubs winning :laugh:

The Rangers just signed Sammy Sosa to a minor league contract with hopes he will make it back to the majors :laugh:

:

What the.....

Crackheads in the Rangers front office I tell ya'!!

CRACKHEADS! :mad:

At least Jen isn't a Packers fan b/c then we would have some real issues and might have to go on Dr. Phil :smuggrin:

Actually, we have some friends who have that "mixed marriage" combo :eek: I give him credit for putting up with her :laugh: (we still love them though)They just had a baby and as a present, they got a burping cloth with the Bears on one side and the Packers on the other. He just burps the baby with the Packers side up with hopes the baby spits up on that side :smuggrin:

My husband is a Red Sox fan and I am a Yankees fan! Talk about a mixed marriage!!! :eek: :smuggrin: :laugh:

At least Jen isn't a Packers fan b/c then we would have some real issues and might have to go on Dr. Phil :smuggrin:

Actually, we have some friends who have that "mixed marriage" combo :eek: I give him credit for putting up with her :laugh: (we still love them though)They just had a baby and as a present, they got a burping cloth with the Bears on one side and the Packers on the other. He just burps the baby with the Packers side up with hopes the baby spits up on that side :smuggrin:

LOL!!!

There is an older couple down the street like that. The husband is from Green Bay and he painted the house YELLOW AND GREEN! The wife hung up a huge CB flag!

On Saturdays they have a huge sign on the door that says, "The game is on - GO AWAY!"

I have to tiptoe in when I go over to watch if I miss the kickoff!

My husband is a Red Sox fan and I am a Yankees fan! Talk about a mixed marriage!!! :eek: :smuggrin: :laugh:

Ouch! That is a rough one there.

But if I had to pick sides....Red Sox!!! (sorry docmom - damn yankees :smuggrin: :p )

LOL!!!

There is an older couple down the street like that. The husband is from Green Bay and he painted the house YELLOW AND GREEN! The wife hung up a huge CB flag!

On Saturdays they have a huge sign on the door that says, "The game is on - GO AWAY!"

I have to tiptoe in when I go over to watch if I miss the kickoff!

:eek: I could never have my house in packers colors.

I GOT A SNOW DAY! Orgo lab is canceled!!! :clap: :hardy:

Actually, that is not good because we are going to be away next week, and I still have to do my vacuum distillation on my Friedel-Crafts. :eek: :scared:

My husband and I met in 1999 when the Red Sox and the Yankees were in the playoffs together. That was a lot of fun!:rolleyes: :smuggrin:

GRREEAAATT ...

A school loaded with baseball and nascar fans, definitely will fit right in with the demographics of the area ... :laugh:

Baseball=boring. I'd prefer to play it. Football, screw the Bears :smuggrin: ... go Cowboys/Colts.

Nascar ... watch a buncha boxcars doped up with fuel race around in circles, way cool bubbas! :rolleyes:

G'ah ... this will be fun ... :sleep:

GRREEAAATT ...

A school loaded with baseball and nascar fans, definitely will fit right in with the deomgraphics of the area ... :laugh:

Baseball=boring. I'd prefer to play it. Football, screw the Bears :smuggrin: ... go Cowboys/Colts.

Nascar ... watch a buncha boxcars doped up with fuel race around in circles, way cool bubbas! :rolleyes:

Dr I.

I'm 'from" Dallas. I used to live in Irving right around the corner from the old Texas Stadium. So I like the Cowboys.

But the Bears are an exciting team. I've cheered for the Bears since I was a wee lass in 1979 and the Cowboys about as long.

I also started my undergrad in SW GA back in the day when The Atlanta Braves were on a World Series hot streak! Baseball was never boring as long as David Justice was playing (in his tight little uniform) RAWR!!!

I'm no redneck, but you haven't lived until you've seen a Nascar crash at 150mph! WOOODOGEY!:smuggrin:

Now calm down before I break out my fiddle and start singing TN hillbilly ditties! :laugh:

Dr I.

I'm 'from" Dallas. I used to live in Irving right around the corner from the old Texas Stadium. So I like the Cowboys.

But the Bears are an exciting team. I've cheered for the Bears since I was a wee lass in 1979 and the Cowboys about as long.

I also started my undergrad in SW GA back in the day when The Atlanta Braves were on a World Series hot streak! Baseball was never boring as long as David Justice was playing (in his tight little uniform) RAWR!!!

I'm no redneck, but you haven't lived until you've seen a Nascar crash at 150mph! WOOODOGEY!:smuggrin:

Now calm down before I break out my fiddle and start singing TN hillbilly ditties! :laugh:

you sound like one the more you speak ... :smuggrin:

Oh and, make sure it's not some KY hillbilly ditty or whatever. ;) :smuggrin:

you sound like one the more you speak ... :smuggrin:

Oh and, make sure it's not some KY hillbilly ditty or whatever. ;) :smuggrin:

Brandean Spukler- Wife/sister/mother of Cletus the slack jawed-yokel!

wtf? Trying to impress me with Hick 101 knowledge?

Do you know the etymology of the name "Bubba?"

The younger siblings when learning to talk, would often have trouble saying the word "brother." It would come out "buh-buh."

This would often stick and the older brother would be called Bubba by family and friends.

I have a little nephew-in-law-to-be who at 3 cannot say brother. He says "buh-buh." His Pop is from KY (they live in Indy) and he has jokingly said he will start calling him Bubba, especially if his big bro goes out for pee wee football!

How's that for Hick 101?? ;)

Do you know the etymology of the name "Bubba?"

The younger siblings when learning to talk, would often have trouble saying the word "brother." It would come out "buh-buh."

This would often stick and the older brother would be called Bubba by family and friends.

I have a little nephew-in-law-to-be who at 3 cannot say brother. He says "buh-buh." His Pop is from KY (they live in Indy) and he has jokingly said he will start calling him Bubba, especially if his big bro goes out for pee wee football!

How's that for Hick 101?? ;)

Must be regional ... my brother always said "buh duh" .. and my parents recall the same out of me.

You keep your Hick 101 to yourself, it's nothing worth talking about or chanting about ;)

Must be regional ... my brother always said "buh duh" .. and my parents recall the same out of me.

You keep your Hick 101 to yourself, it's nothing worth talking about or chanting about ;)

Well, you're significantly brilliant dude! I'm suprised you didn't pop out quoting Epictetus or Zeno of Citium!

Off topic-

Menard and ACE is having a sale on Saturday! Everything you can fit in a paper bag!

I GOT A SNOW DAY! Orgo lab is canceled!!!

Actually, that is not good because we are going to be away next week, and I still have to do my vacuum distillation on my Friedel-Crafts. :eek: :scared:

My husband and I met in 1999 when the Red Sox and the Yankees were in the playoffs together. That was a lot of fun!

So how much crap did he give you when the Yanks were up 3-0 in the playoffs a few years, only to lose the series to the Red Sox??? I would have rubbed it in bad. Besides, Steinbrenner is gonna go ape if the Yanks miss the playoffs - again :smuggrin:

GRREEAAATT ...

A school loaded with baseball and nascar fans, definitely will fit right in with the demographics of the area ...

Baseball=boring. I'd prefer to play it. Football, screw the Bears ... go Cowboys/Colts.

You still must be upset with Romo's fumble *tear* so close, yet so far.

Baseball, granted not the most exciting to watch, but better than hockey.

NASCAR, either you hate it or you love it. Its not everyone's cup of tea. That's fine. But you have to experience it. Its more than fast cars crashing (although it is pretty cool). You have to go to a race (Daytona, Bristol, Atlanta are 3 good choices), hang out in the infield. More so, drive or ride in one of those bad boys, then you will understand.

On a side note, you will not find fans who are nicer than those of NASCAR. Sounds strange, but its true.

Well, you're significantly brilliant dude! I'm suprised you didn't pop out quoting Epictetus or Zeno of Citium!

Off topic-

Menard and ACE is having a sale on Saturday! Everything you can fit in a paper bag!

Menards :thumbdown: (although they sponsor a great driver in NASCAR) Just go there for any tools you can get in your bag, thats about it.

Ace is ok.

Stick with either Home Depot or Lowe's, they are MUCH better with more selection. We just remodeled one of our bathrooms and Lowe's was awesome, highly recommended :love: :D )

I know yall are excited about going to DCOM, but I'm still waiting for a decision. this tread is already well on it's way to being useless with nonsense chatter. Sorry, maybe I'm just cranky, with a 28 mcat and two degrees and still waiting for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.