Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine- Part THREE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know yall are excited about going to DCOM, but I'm still waiting for a decision. this tread is already well on it's way to being useless with nonsense chatter. Sorry, maybe I'm just cranky, with a 28 mcat and two degrees and still waiting for an answer.

Have you interviewed? If so, when?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, 2-6-07. yea i'm bummed, just got a denial from LECOM.

Sorry to hear that :(

What about your GPA? EC's? My guess is that you should have been reviewed on the 8th, but maybe today. Have you fulfilled the pre-reqs?

How did you feel the interview went?

Members don't see this ad :)

Have you called Jody, Paul or Dr Leo? Lots of folks have found out they got in on the spot when they called down to Harrogate!

G'd Luck. :luck: :luck:

Does anyone know how late DCOM will be interviewing applicants?
Are there ever any saturday interviews?
Any info would be great!!

Sorry to hear that :(

What about your GPA? EC's? My guess is that you should have been reviewed on the 8th, but maybe today. Have you fulfilled the pre-reqs?

How did you feel the interview went?

GPA not great, 3.1 biological sciences was the best. degree in biomed and biochem. 10 yrs+ clinical experiance. Well, my interview....they said I was old:confused: :(

I am not sure, but I think it is sometime in April. Someone else clarify that info. No, they only do interviews on Tues and Fri.:luck:

Have you called Jody, Paul or Dr Leo? Lots of folks have found out they got in on the spot when they called down to Harrogate!

G'd Luck. :luck: :luck:

no, haven't called anybody...come to think of it though Jody said that it might be next week before my file came up. Maybe I'm panicking too soon. Yall know how it is.:scared:

So how much crap did he give you when the Yanks were up 3-0 in the playoffs a few years, only to lose the series to the Red Sox??? I would have rubbed it in bad. Besides, Steinbrenner is gonna go ape if the Yanks miss the playoffs - again :smuggrin:

LMAO! A WHOLE LOTTA CRAP!!!:smuggrin: :laugh:

Our son was born in 2004, the year the Red Sox won the world series. Our daughter was born in 2006, the year the Steelers won the Super Bowl....I told him his teams will never win again until I am pregnant.:rolleyes: :smuggrin: :cool:

Unfortunately, I can't remember how long they are interviewing until. I doubt they interview on Saturdays, but you never know with unusual circumstances. They interview on Tuesdays and Fridays and the adcom meets on Thursdays. I know someone will throw me a bone here with additional information :laugh:

I know yall are excited about going to DCOM, but I'm still waiting for a decision. this tread is already well on it's way to being useless with nonsense chatter. Sorry, maybe I'm just cranky, with a 28 mcat and two degrees and still waiting for an answer.

If you pick out the "nonsense chatter", there is a lot of good info about DCOM on the threads. Don't worry yet. It hasn't been that long. Forget about LECOM, you don't want to go there anyway.:thumbdown: :luck:

GPA not great, 3.1 biological sciences was the best. degree in biomed and biochem. 10 yrs+ clinical experiance. Well, my interview....they said I was old:confused: :(

The GPA is doable and you have great experience. How old is old? I'm 26 and I know others are my age or older, so I don't think age will be a problem :D

no, haven't called anybody...come to think of it though Jody said that it might be next week before my file came up. Maybe I'm panicking too soon. Yall know how it is.:scared:

The key word to the whole process --> Patience.

When you start thinking about things, negatives always come up and dominate your thoughts. Stay positive and don't read into things. You very well may be waitlisted b/c the class is filling up quick. Waitlists aren't bad b/c people get in off of them, but they suck b/c they take a long, long time.

If you pick out the "nonsense chatter", there is a lot of good info about DCOM on the threads. Don't worry yet. It hasn't been that long. Forget about LECOM, you don't want to go there anyway.:thumbdown: :luck:

OK, Dmom, luckily there are no high cliffs were i live so...no danger there.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
:
The GPA is doable and you have great experience. How old is old? I'm 26 and I know others are my age or older, so I don't think age will be a problem :D

yea, way older than that!!!!But I still look OK. not that ugly:) 47yrs old...not what you woukd expect though, garanteed.
Patience is a virtue, and a virtue is its own reward.:idea:

LMAO! A WHOLE LOTTA CRAP!!!:smuggrin: :laugh:

Our son was born in 2004, the year the Red Sox won the world series. Our daughter was born in 2006, the year the Steelers won the Super Bowl....I told him his teams will never win again until I am pregnant.:rolleyes: :smuggrin: :cool:

LMAO!!! Thats funny.

:thumbup: We gotta break up the seriousness every once in a while. You gotta have some fun. But we are always here to answer any questions, just post them, we'll answer :D Docmom has super DCOM powers!!! :smuggrin:

yea, way older than that!!!!But I still look OK. not that ugly:) 47yrs old...not what you woukd expect though, garanteed.

If you are 47 and willing to go thru all this, I believe you. You probably will fit in here pretty well b/c I don't think any of us are "normal." :laugh: Good luck with everything, I hope you get in. God Bless!

:

Your stats are good. The only thing really working against you is how late in the year it is. Being a native mississippian I am rooting for you. I am 31 and not much was said about age to me. I think many of us will be non-traditionals. Best of luck to you.:thumbup:

:

Your stats are good. The only thing really working against you is how late in the year it is. Being a native mississippian I am rooting for you. I am 31 and not much was said about age to me. I think many of us will be non-traditionals. Best of luck to you.:thumbup:

hey, I'm a paramedic on the coast...where you at..Jackson? Yea, I had a killer semester last fall, so kinda got started late. yea i'm a procrastinater too.:(

If you are 47 and willing to go thru all this, I believe you. You probably will fit in here pretty well b/c I don't think any of us are "normal." :laugh: Good luck with everything, I hope you get in. God Bless!

Got nothin better to do:D

LMAO!!! Thats funny.

:thumbup: We gotta break up the seriousness every once in a while. You gotta have some fun. But we are always here to answer any questions, just post them, we'll answer :D Docmom has super DCOM powers!!! :smuggrin:

Super powers?!?! LMAO!!! YES!!!:laugh: :cool:

I hope you and your wife have a great trip down to DCOM. I am sure the weather will be a lot nicer down there at least. I hope she falls in love with it too! :luck:

Hey all, I just interviewed this past Tuesday. From what I hear, they are trying to slow down the rate at which they are accepting students so they have more time to interview candidates before they fill up the class.

Oh, and that new building is massive... I can't wait to hear.

GRREEAAATT ...

A school loaded with baseball and nascar fans, definitely will fit right in with the demographics of the area ... :laugh:

Baseball=boring. I'd prefer to play it. Football, screw the Bears :smuggrin: ... go Cowboys/Colts.

Nascar ... watch a buncha boxcars doped up with fuel race around in circles, way cool bubbas! :rolleyes:

G'ah ... this will be fun ... :sleep:

Yo, Inviz.....I am a ninja; you and I can practice our judo chops/kicks on brick walls and smash our hands through windshields to keep in shape.

I also heard you were a dance major, so I could look up some ballroom dancing gigs for you to compete in....that'd be pimptastic!:thumbup:

:

During my interview, one of the docs told me, in response to my description of my wife and kids and running my own business for 8 years, yadayadayada.......he said, well, we have many older applicants who are making total career changes from jobs they have had for 20 years....and many of these applicants are getting accepted.

Good luck, way to early to start worrying

Yo, Inviz.....I am a ninja; you and I can practice our judo chops/kicks on brick walls and smash our hands through windshields to keep in shape.

I also heard you were a dance major, so I could look up some ballroom dancing gigs for you to compete in....that'd be pimptastic!:thumbup:

dancer? no ... but I did hear you majored in interior decorating .. you must be quite the handy lady at home ;)

The only type of dancing I know how to do is definitely not appropriate for ballroom scenes ...

the karate/judo stuff sounds cool though.

dancer? no ... but I did hear you majored in interior decorating .. you must be quite the handy lady at home ;)

The only type of dancing I know how to do is definitely not appropriate for ballroom scenes ...

the karate/judo stuff sounds cool though.

Well, I wont ask you to teach me any of that kind of dancing......it would probably involve you grabbing my buttox, and then I would have to give you an Austin Powers Judo chop to the neck.......nobody would want one of those......so powerful.....so much power.:laugh:

Well, I wont ask you to teach me any of that kind of dancing......it would probably involve you grabbing my buttox, and then I would have to give you an Austin Powers Judo chop to the neck.......nobody would want one of those......so powerful.....so much power.:laugh:

Don't worry, i dont sway that way ... however, you stating such an inference makes me wonder if you're hiding inside the closet :idea:

Don't worry, i dont sway that way ... however, you stating such an inference makes me wonder if you're hiding inside the closet :idea:

Well, when you are married as long as I have been, you tend to say things without thinking about it. That is what my wife has been trying to help me with forever......doesnt work, I guess.

The only closet hiding I do is while playing hide-and-go-seek with my kids......

I interviewed there on Tuesday and Paul told me that they would continue to interview for about 6 more weeks but he said they are being extremely conservative at this point with acceptances. I think they have given out about 120 or so acceptances. He said on average they are taking about half of there interviewees. There were 10 people in my interview (2 no shows) so it makes sense that 6 weeks with about 20 people each week adds another 120 total. Half of these getting accepted puts the number at about 60. That means that they will offer about 200 or so acceptances for the 150 seats and then the scramble for withdrawels will begin.

Good luck!
Wish me good luck too this cycle is pretty much over.

I interviewed there on Tuesday and Paul told me that they would continue to interview for about 6 more weeks but he said they are being extremely conservative at this point with acceptances. I think they have given out about 120 or so acceptances. He said on average they are taking about half of there interviewees. There were 10 people in my interview (2 no shows) so it makes sense that 6 weeks with about 20 people each week adds another 120 total. Half of these getting accepted puts the number at about 60. That means that they will offer about 200 or so acceptances for the 150 seats and then the scramble for withdrawels will begin.

Good luck!
Wish me good luck too this cycle is pretty much over.

WOW!!!:eek: GOOD LUCK!!!:luck: :luck:

BTW, who would no show to an interview! That is not right!!! There are plenty of people who would have loved to taken those spots. That is just rude!!!:mad:

From Paul (2-14-07)

"For our inaugural class of 150 students we have already received nearly 2,000 applications for admission. (1948 to be exact or 13 applications for each seat in the class) Additionally, over seventy-five percent (114 out of 150) of the seats in the class have already been filled. Fifty-nine students who have been placed on the alternate list have expressed a strong desire to attend, if given the opportunity to do so. Also, we have continued to interview applicants after your interview day and have made additional offers of admission."

good luck everyone

T

I think lots of people will be taken off the waitlist/alternate list.

For better or worse, some people won't be willing to take a risk with DCOM and go to the other schools that accept them.

For anyone reading this thread who is too scared to post, if you are on the waitlist, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

Supersport, I'll send up a special prayer for you! :thumbup:

~~~~~~~

I think lots of people will be taken off the waitlist/alternate list.

For better or worse, some people won't be willing to take a risk with DCOM and go to the other schools that accept them.

For anyone reading this thread who is too scared to post, if you are on the waitlist, DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!

Supersport, I'll send up a special prayer for you! :thumbup:

~~~~~~~

Please send some prayers for me too! I am hoping to jump off that list! Thanks!

For those on the waitlist, I wanted to let you know a spot will probably be opening up in the near future. I was accepted at DCOM, but I found out yesterday that I got accepted to UW-Madison SMPH as well. I'm going to make a final decision over the weekend, but I'm leaning towards UW. Good luck to all of you. It has been fun being part of this thread.

FAFSA completed and submitted...whew!

Unfortunately, this also means I got my taxes back (in order to complete the form), and with Mrs. MJB going back to work last year....it was not good news.

For the first time I can remember, I actually gasped when i looked at our tax burden...yowza.

I just have to remember it's only going to be 4 years of going into massive debt before I start making a paycheck again.

Our tax preparer has to hate us with the way things fluctuate with us...no consistency whatsoever!

:)

Glad that's done...now show me the money (loans)!

I mailed off my HUGE packet today with all the matriculation information. What a huge relief to have that done.

Also, has anyone heard if the DCOM bookstore has in any of the DCOM goods yet. Or, is a booklist available as of yet?? I know they had order T-shirts and sweat shirts but don't know if they are in.

I seriously have no clue how I'm going to find those immunization records...probably just have to do them all over again. I start on Hep. B on Tuesday...but it won't be done until after classes start I guess.

I mailed off my HUGE packet today with all the matriculation information. What a huge relief to have that done.

Also, has anyone heard if the DCOM bookstore has in any of the DCOM goods yet. Or, is a booklist available as of yet?? I know they had order T-shirts and sweat shirts but don't know if they are in.

Good for you! I have about 3/4 of it done, but I am waiting until I get my second Hep B shot and my labs/drug test done. I haven't gotten to a lab yet, but there is one near my PCPs office. I will get everything done then. I go for my second shot at the end of the month. Hopefully by the beginning of March I will have it all done. It really is a lot of paperwork.:eek:

I filed my FAFSA a few weeks ago and it is complete and has been reviewed. I am just waiting to see how much money I will get.:rolleyes:

I plan on stopping by DCOM next week, so I will let you know if there are any T-shirts yet. I WANT ONE!!!:D

Hey, I am on that list too...thanks Jazzadi! I love DCOM and sure hope to get off that list. I talked to Paul the other day and he said that it wouldn't be until the end of March at the earliest.

I'm interviewing at DCOM on 2/23. Am I interviewing for an actual spot or am I going for a waitlist spot? Nevertheless, I'm still going to make the trip from Jersey. Also, do they have a strong bias towards IS (against OOS)? It's almost the end of the cycle and needless to say, I've been getting pwn3d. :(

My buddy had his interview this week and they expect alot of no-show's.
20% is roughly ( and I'm not good with math) 30 students.
I think alternates will get called 1st wk of school...
Or maybe they will overbook...just like Airlines:)

As of this wk they had received 110 deposits.

I'm interviewing at DCOM on 2/23. Am I interviewing for an actual spot or am I going for a waitlist spot? Nevertheless, I'm still going to make the trip from Jersey. Also, do they have a strong bias towards IS (against OOS)? It's almost the end of the cycle and needless to say, I've been getting pwn3d. :(

I don't think that there is really a preference, at least for this year. Good luck with the interview! :luck:

I agree that a lot of people will be taken off the waitlist, but I guess we will have to wait and see..:) :luck:

Hey! I found a cute house for someone. It only has two bedrooms though, but really cute, a good price, and a nice fireplace. Click on the extra photos.

http://public.kaarmls.com/property/...&pt=1&K_BTH=1&K_LP_Max=150000&page=26&K_BR=2&

that "someone" is you. I don't think anyone else would go for that cuddly little shack ... well, maybe a few other hillbillies ...

THAT HOUSE IS ADORABLE!!! Did you look at the interior pictures? It has great views too! You have no taste. :smuggrin: I would look at it if it had more bedrooms.:p

:rolleyes:

THAT HOUSE IS ADORABLE!!! Did you look at the interior pictures? It has great views too! You have no taste. :smuggrin: I would look at it if it had more bedrooms.:p

And your prior selection was such a wise (and adorable) option ... :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.