December CPJE 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJPharmDM

Reaction score
Last Predate was dated 11/22/18. Starting a new thread for test taker in December. Hope this new tread get support from those past test taker giving study material advices for those taking exam soon. Best wishes to those taking it soon or those awaiting results.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think this might mean that a QA is going to take place for the current batch? I hope not!!!

I don't think so. I’ve read somewhere there aren’t any more QAs- but it’s still mentioned in the bulletin. I think last one was in 2016 or even 2015? And usually late summer?
Would the board announce it?
Maybe they consider OA this 2 month period of waiting (Sep-Nov 2018) :) People got their results in mail super quickly after predate considering Thanksgiving and all. God knows. Or should I say Board knows ;)

Fingers crossed that we will get results mid January.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I just got approved to take CJPE. Currently licensed in NY and out of school for about 5 years. Any tips on how to study, what materials to purchase or even a study group would be great! I would like to be prepared by May.

Thanks!

CPJE secrets (on eBay) is a really good resource

I don't think so. I’ve read somewhere there aren’t any more QAs- but it’s still mentioned in the bulletin. I think last one was in 2016 or even 2015? And usually late summer?
Would the board announce it?
Maybe they consider OA this 2 month period of waiting (Sep-Nov 2018) :) People got their results in mail super quickly after predate considering Thanksgiving and all. God knows. Or should I say Board knows ;)

Fingers crossed that we will get results mid January.
Did you already take the exam? If so, do you see a "predate" listed in your PSI account?

I just called PSI and they said that there is an error in their system and we CAN register to take the CPJE between 1/4 and 1/29, but we have to call to schedule it instead of going on online. So that changes my plan to take it on Friday (am I ready?!?) because that might not be the end of the batch...oh the mind games this exam plays on us!

Thank you for the breakdown! My hope of taking the exam mid-Jan is not really an option anymore, so fingers crossed I can take it on Jan 4!

Did the state approve your retake application this fast.
Did you already take the exam? If so, do you see a "predate" listed in your PSI account?

I just called PSI and they said that there is an error in their system and we CAN register to take the CPJE between 1/4 and 1/29, but we have to call to schedule it instead of going on online. So that changes my plan to take it on Friday (am I ready?!?) because that might not be the end of the batch...oh the mind games this exam plays on us!

Sorry to put you on the spot but if i remember correctly, you're the one who didn't pass by a point right during the November batch?...so the state approved your retake already?

Did the state approve your retake application this fast.

Sorry to put you on the spot but if i remember correctly, you're the one who didn't pass by a point right during the November batch?...so the state approved your retake already?

I should have prefaced everything with "when" I get approved...which I hope is soon enough so I can take it this Friday...I know, it's a long shot! But I submitted my re-take application literally the morning after I got the results and overnighted it to the state. They confirmed they received my application on 12/5.

I should have prefaced everything with "when" I get approved...which I hope is soon enough so I can take it this Friday...I know, it's a long shot! But I submitted my re-take application literally the morning after I got the results and overnighted it to the state. They confirmed they received my application on 12/5.

OK got you. The reason i ask is because I am not sure if over the phone scheduling is true, because they had that same issue last year, and to the best of my knowledge no one was able to schedule an exam, even over the phone. So I was going to suggest you take it on the 4th just to be on the safe side.

They should post it on Friday. They post 1 day earlier only if the predate is on Saturday (like 9/29, 6/9)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a predate yet?? I know I read that there was no scheduling after 1/4 but I took my CPJE 1/5/19 ( in CT)

Woah, seriously? I was sort of forced to take it on 1/4 because I couldn't find any open date after the 4th... (in CA)
No predate posted on PSI yet though!

what is a predate? may I have some clarification on this? I kinda understand it as the dates where they group a cohort together to grade the exams and release pass/fail scores? Thanks!

I also took it 1/4, hoping to hear back soon!

Predate will show on your PSI account in the past activity table in the “Portion (Result)” column - right after name of the test.

Usually predate= cut-off date for a group of takers/results. The thing is that I don’t think it will show now. The reason is that last year when they blocked January and March, cut-off date was on the last date before blocked dates (so 1/5/19) and people got results in about 2 weeks from that date, but the predate showed later in the system as a day before next batch (so like 1/28/19 for us). It showed on the Psi website after people got their results.

Now we wait to see dark window on informed delivery:)

I don’t think we are getting the results anytime soon I called the Board and they told me it will
Take 60days. I don’t think they have mailed any results. The wait is killing me

I don’t think we are getting the results anytime soon I called the Board and they told me it will
Did the board state that it would take 60 days from when you took your exam? When did you take it?

The fees increase, the laws and oversight increase and the wait times increase. I thought we already filled out the license application but I guess we just applied to apply for our license. As soon as we pass both exams and the board gets those results, it should change on the boards website. It’s not like they don’t have the results... gotta love California!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The fees increase, the laws and oversight increase and the wait times increase. I thought we already filled out the license application but I guess we just applied to apply for our license. As soon as we pass both exams and the board gets those results, it should change on the boards website. It’s not like they don’t have the results... gotta love California!

It is crazy, I took my Naplex and MPJE and I got my results in 3 days. when I applied to take Naplex and MPJE it took the board 2 days to verify my information. when I applied to take CPJE it took the board 45 days to grant me eligibility to take the exam. Don't you all love California:). I think we need to to sign a petition.

It is crazy, I took my Naplex and MPJE and I got my results in 3 days. when I applied to take Naplex and MPJE it took the board 2 days to verify my information. when I applied to take CPJE it took the board 45 days to grant me eligibility to take the exam. Don't you all love California:). I think we need to to sign a petition.
It is crazy, or should I say ridiculous. I took the MPJE for a different state and it took NABP 3 business days to post the results online and to send them the the respective state BOP. The state BOP, check this out, upon receipt of the MPJE results whitin 3 days of taking the exam, issued my licence THE SAME DAY THEY RECEIVED THE MPJE SCORE. when you apply to the BOP you are applying for the licence since you're paying the respective fees/costs associated with licensing. You apply one time and once you pass both exams, the board issues your licence, you don't need to apply again and wait for the the board to issue your licence. I don't get why you need to re-apply and wait again for your licence after you already applied and waited too long. Anyway, that is my opinion!

It is crazy, or should I say ridiculous. I took the MPJE for a different state and it took NABP 3 business days to post the results online and to send them the the respective state BOP. The state BOP, check this out, upon receipt of the MPJE results whitin 3 days of taking the exam, issued my licence THE SAME DAY THEY RECEIVED THE MPJE SCORE. when you apply to the BOP you are applying for the licence since you're paying the respective fees/costs associated with licensing. You apply one time and once you pass both exams, the board issues your licence, you don't need to apply again and wait for the the board to issue your licence. I don't get why you need to re-apply and wait again for your licence after you already applied and waited too long. Anyway, that is my opinion!

Lol. That’s a lot of people’s opinion! If anyone is coming to Cali just be careful who you vent to... there are some good people here and there are some very vengeful people too (boycotting is popular unfortunately).

It's been a week from the supposed predate (1/5). Do you expect that we should be receiving our results in the mail sometime this week?

I accidentally skipped 1 question. For sure I missed about 8 to 10 questions. I have 3 calculations, mostly are law questions and hospital operations. I doubt that I will pass this time.

I talked to the board they haven't mailed anything
Yikes. It's beyond 45 days from the last predate. I would assume at least they're sending out results for those who took it between end of November - beginning of January? Were they able to provide you with any sort of reassurance/explanation/consolation? Lol

Yikes. It's beyond 45 days from the last predate. I would assume at least they're sending out results for those who took it between end of November - beginning of January? Were they able to provide you with any sort of reassurance/explanation/consolation? Lol

Sorry I meant end of Nov to beginning of December

I took my test end of November. I called them today and the woman on the phone said she has not seen any large batches of mail being sent out. They have not done any QA for a very long time. I asked if she knows anything regarding when will they start mailing our results-- she said it should take 45-60 days and if I don't get the results after 60 days, then I should call back again ---> All you get from them is it takes 45-60 days to get our results. I asked why does it take so long-- the answer was we have a different process to grade these exams that are different than some other states.

Reactions: 1 users
I took my test end of November. I called them today and the woman on the phone said she has not seen any large batches of mail being sent out. They have not done any QA for a very long time. I asked if she knows anything regarding when will they start mailing our results-- she said it should take 45-60 days and if I don't get the results after 60 days, then I should call back again ---> All you get from them is it takes 45-60 days to get our results. I asked why does it take so long-- the answer was we have a different process to grade these exams that are different than some other states.
OMG.... you took in at the end of november and still didnot get the result..... i took it end of december...then i have a long time to wait... I am already start to study again... im afraid that i might need to retake it... so if there is a study group please let me know... thanks!!

OMG.... you took in at the end of november and still didnot get the result..... i took it end of december...then i have a long time to wait... I am already start to study again... im afraid that i might need to retake it... so if there is a study group please let me know... thanks!!
I took mine end of December too. But it was hard. How did you feel after taking it? I am worried I think I failed. I need to start studying too.

California state phamarcy board = the most corrupt and tone deaf boards in the country by far.

She should have said we don’t actually know, we hide the test process from you all and just like taking your money.

It sounds like we’d all get it at similar times. The closer you live to Sacramento, the sooner of course, but not by much.

I know Cali is very slow, however, from my knowledge, They are really good with their “dealines”. Let break it down. The last predate is 11/22. So the first date for this cycle is 11/22 which is only 55 days from today. The board said 60 days for the results. So the predate should be posted in a day or two since they required 3 days for express shipping.
Hope this help

I know Cali is very slow, however, from my knowledge, They are really good with their “dealines”. Let break it down. The last predate is 11/22. So the first date for this cycle is 11/22 which is only 55 days from today. The board said 60 days for the results. So the predate should be posted in a day or two since they required 3 days for express shipping.
Hope this help
How do you know? people say it takes 2 weeks after the predate.

I took mine end of December too. But it was hard. How did you feel after taking it? I am worried I think I failed. I need to start studying too.

Everybody thinks they failed, don’t worry. I’m probably gonna start studying soon too, but who knows how long it’ll be before I get my re-authorization to test? I’m beyond annoyed with California. There’s no reason we shouldn’t know. They can increase the fees and I understand scaling the score, but technology is far too advanced for us to need to wait for the results in the mail. The NAPLEX score should be available online whenever the results are processed by the NABP and the CPJE results should be available as soon as they scale the scores. I’m going to ask the DCA if there’s a reason why Cali is doing things like it’s 1990...(oh yeah, and like save the trees and stuff..)

I actually remember trying to schedule my exam and I couldn’t schedule anything between Nov 23 and Dec 4th (which makes sense because of the predate, although I did assume it was for turkey day break at the time). You might have been able to, but do you remember if you took it before the last predate?

Hope this help

Just curious if it matters when testing for this cycle began. I checked around 11/20 and couldn’t schedule it until 12/4. Being ignorant of predates at the time I scheduled it for 12/4 as it was the soonest date available and I had put it off several times already. I thought the sooner I take it the sooner the 45 days are up to retake it. I gave California WAY, WAY too much credit to be able to possibly get me my results before their “deadline” of, what I thought at the time was, 45-60 days.

I feel horrible about it...I am already start studying expecting the worst result.. but who knows how long it will take them to approve me to take it again if I failed... really nervous about it .... so much unnecessary anxiety...

Today is day 55 or 56 from the last pre-date so I encourage anyone that took it in this batch to start calling next week if results aren’t out. The only way change will happen is if enough people complain or take action... There is all already strong action happening with state legislators and pontenial lawsuits but for now we should make them feel the pressure short term.

Reactions: 1 users
Today is day 55 or 56 from the last pre-date so I encourage anyone that took it in this batch to start calling next week if results aren’t out. The only way change will happen is if enough people complain or take action... There is all already strong action happening with state legislators and pontenial lawsuits but for now we should make them feel the pressure short term.

This link allows for comments, complaints and suggestions about a board, bureau, etc. You can specify the Pharmacy Board and file anonymously or leave contact information.

How to File a Citizens Comment/Complaint About The DCA - California Department of Consumer Affairs