Decent Residency Programs in Florida or Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How competitive are the programs in Florida and georgia? I am done with this cold weather. i was really looking forward to learn some vascular stuff from Krabmas at Inova or learn treating gunshot wounds from jonwill at detroit or learn some practice managament skills frm dr.natch in northeast :) but iam fed up of this cold winter and cant take it any longer.

i dont wanna go anywhere near Arizona or texas or cali. my preference will be florida or georgia.

I know florida might get tough because of barry. how are the residency programs in georgia.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How competitive are the programs in Florida and georgia? I am done with this cold weather. i was really looking forward to learn some vascular stuff from Krabmas at Inova or learn treating gunshot wounds from jonwill at detroit or learn some practice managament skills frm dr.natch in northeast :) but iam fed up of this cold winter and cant take it any longer.

i dont wanna go anywhere near Arizona or texas or cali. my preference will be florida or georgia.

I know florida might get tough because of barry. how are the residency programs in georgia.

the notable one in GA is Northlake - Dekalb.

In FL I know of East Orlando - I liked it when I visited and would have been a residents there.

I did not enjoy Jacksonville but the program has drastically changed since I was there and it seems like a good program now. THe ortho department and residency program there seems really good and you work very closely with them.

That is all I know about GA and FL.

GA: DeKalb

FL: Orlando, JFK, Palmetto, Westside, South Miami

The Florida ones that give top training get even more competitive for obvious reasons of popular location. A lot of the apps are Barry students, but the best ones obviously get apps/externs from all over. Also, keep in mind that Barry usually has about the smallest grad class sizes of any school (35-50).

Members don't see this ad :)
GA: DeKalb

FL: Orlando, JFK, Palmetto, Westside, South Miami

The Florida ones that give top training get even more competitive for obvious reasons of popular location. A lot of the apps are Barry students, but the best ones obviously get apps/externs from all over. Also, keep in mind that Barry usually has about the smallest grad class sizes of any school (35-50).

if going to the south florida area, se habla espanol

Thanks a lot. I will be finishing my 2nd yr this may. When should i start showing my interest in a residency program. i mean if is it too early now and i should wait till i enter my 3rd yr.