Decentralized Decision Making in Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many of us come here to get advice on decision making for cases we treat. In the past I went through and looked through each SDN forums and it wasnt even close, we are are the most active forum in this regard by specialty without question. If you've visited mednet youll also see that its quite an impressive forum with answers from top rad onc doc. So why are we wiling to answer these question for each other, can it be improved, do forums in other fields like this exist?

What we are doing is allowing our questions to be answered in a decentralized manner. If anyone is into or investing in blockchain tech, this may well be a strong use case across all medicine. If you are interested PM me lets discuss this further and see if we can get something together

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I can't PM you. Do you want to PM me?

I don't really see how blockchain is relevant for this use case. It's a pretty big stretch to call this decentralization.

Members don't see this ad :)
The semi/anonymity is very advantageous/beneficial here.

This forum and MedNet both have their uses, for slightly different things. I certainly appreciate the anonymity of SDN, and can see on MedNet what people are referencing (and what their biases might be based on institutional affiliations).

I do wish there was more of this in other fields - however, I'm not confident that something like AuntMinnie for rads isn't comparable. I haven't explored into other fields since I'm interested in this one, but kudos to you if you want to put in the effort for other fields outside of Rad Onc.

Don't get me wrong, I think there could be a lot of demand for more forums like this one or themednet. I could see it being a very valuable resource in other fields. I just don't think it has anything to do with blockchain.

Don't get me wrong, I think there could be a lot of demand for more forums like this one or themednet. I could see it being a very valuable resource in other fields. I just don't think it has anything to do with blockchain.

you can think what you want. its already being done

"its already being done"

I am interested in some clarification if you could indulge me. Blockchain acts as a ledger but not as an NCCN type algorithm for treatment. How is blockchain being used in medicine so far?

I didn't mean to come off as aggressive. I could definitely be wrong. Would be curious to learn more if you wanted to elaborate.