Decide between Geisinger and LSU-Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRebels

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
like some of you out there, deciding on my rank list has been a process so far. While my top programs are set, I’m working on the ones in the middle of my list, and I’m especially stuck between LSU-Shreveport and Geisinger.
I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't interview at either of these two places, so it's difficult to give any solid advice. Since this is such a personalized decision, can you give some context by stating some of the things each program had that you liked vs. things that you disliked? Maybe also state what your specific interests are.

I'd be of more help if I had interviewed at LSU, but I really liked my interview day at Geisinger. As you already saw, the hospital system is really robust and has an impressive catch area.

The primary negative was Danville, which is gorgeous but too small and remote for me. I would've been plenty excited to match there, but if I had my first pick I would personally want a place that's more accessible. Good luck!