deciding between JOHNS HOPKINS and RUSH....

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by reelgirl, Oct 1, 2001.

1. reelgirl

reelgirl New Member

Hello! I'm transferring to nursing school and I'm trying to decide between Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and Rush University in Chicago. Can someone please tell me about their programs? What are their reputations like? Please offer insight! Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chupaflor

Chupaflor Junior Member

I am from Maryland and have lived in Baltimore. I won't work at Johns Hopkins University Hospital because the neighborhood is too dangerous and the pay is too low.

However, there is a certain cachet to being a Hopkins nurse - in my neck of the woods at least. The ones I have met have been cultured and well-educated -- they are not the ones who work the floors at JHU Hospital, though. In my opinion, most Maryland colleges and universities provide a superior education -- compared to what I've seen in five other states since graduating.

4. wsu

wsu Senior Member

I think both schools are very good. As to which is better, it depends on what you're specifically looking for in a school, repuation, cost, social culutre, etc. I'll be graduating this december and have decided to take a position at Hopkins. Good luck.