deciding between pitt, buffalo, and upenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatediva

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to Pitt, Buffalo, and UPenn and now I'm having trouble deciding...

I've seen a lot about Buffalo and Penn on sdn, but not much on Pitt. So, I was wondering if any students or graduates could give me some feedback on their experience at Pitt (or at Buffalo or UPenn, too). Do you like the city/location? Do you feel like you'll be well prepared for practice coming out of school? Do you feel like you have a relatively balanced life at school? Is there much student support? Are the faculty easily accessible? Are you happy? etc. I'm from eastern PA, so I qualify for in-state tuition. But, I've been at school in central New York for the past few years, so cold and snowy weather isn't a huge deterrent for me.

Any feedback would be truly helpful in my decision and would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

gatediva said:
I've been accepted to Pitt, Buffalo, and UPenn and now I'm having trouble deciding...

I've seen a lot about Buffalo and Penn on sdn, but not much on Pitt. So, I was wondering if any students or graduates could give me some feedback on their experience at Pitt (or at Buffalo or UPenn, too). Do you like the city/location? Do you feel like you'll be well prepared for practice coming out of school? Do you feel like you have a relatively balanced life at school? Is there much student support? Are the faculty easily accessible? Are you happy? etc. I'm from eastern PA, so I qualify for in-state tuition. But, I've been at school in central New York for the past few years, so cold and snowy weather isn't a huge deterrent for me.

Any feedback would be truly helpful in my decision and would be greatly appreciated!
I think Penn is betta. It goes on first and makes the teeth healthy and clean. No, Pitt is betta. It makes the teeth silky and smooth. Oh really fool? Really? Stop looking at me swan!
(I would choose Penn from the reps I've heard about each school. Besides, I loved Philly when I went there for undergrad. Good luck!)

Hello!

So I'm a bit partial because I'm a UB dental student but it's a good sign that I love my school :) Anyhow, check out the post titled "To UPENN and BUFFALO students! Opinions greatly appreciated!" by I'mFillingFine because this person is in the same situation - and there were some great responses from students. In the end, it sounds cliche but whatever makes you happiest - you do need to spend a great deal of time there over the next 4 yrs!