Deciding on a school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VolibearMain

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys deciding on the school you want to go to?

Some of the schools I am not interested in, but options like Western, CSPM, Kent, Scholl, and Midwestern, they all seem really impressive and have their unique benefits.

Do certain schools get favored in residency matches?

Members don't see this ad.

Board pass, GPA/ rank/ ECs during pod school determines matches.

You can go to a "lower" school and still be a desirable resident by other programs.

Go to where you can see yourself living for 4 years. Go where you will be comfortable learning.

For me, weather, class/faculty vibe were most important.

Based off that alone I narrowed it down to schools in the south.

Reactions: 1 user
How are you guys deciding on the school you want to go to?

Some of the schools I am not interested in, but options like Western, CSPM, Kent, Scholl, and Midwestern, they all seem really impressive and have their unique benefits.

Do certain schools get favored in residency matches?
You shouldn't get ahead of yourself. You can go to any school and still get matched to a great residency program.

Choose a school based on where you think you'll be happy to spend the next four years. Location (near relatives, near a big city), climate, facilities, finding a school who's strengths align with your interests, class size, there are a lot more factors that will be impacting you every day for the next four years and that's probably what you should focus on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users