Deciding where to interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pixarlamp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I applied to all 9 schools and I am beginning to hear back from them (so far interview invites from CSPM, Barry, Temple, Kent) and I am trying to figure out the best way to schedule/decide when and where I want to interview. Do you prioritize them in a particular way (ie last choice first so you get more practice) or do I just send it and just do all my (what I think are my) top schools first?
Also does anybody do interviews to more than 5 schools?
Any feedback would help thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I got interview invites to all 9. I only attended 2 of them before accepting a spot and paying a deposit. I think it depends on your travel budget and if you really do have strong preferences. If you feel prepared for the interviews, I would go to your top two (or three if you don't have two above the rest) first, and compare how you feel about the two. My #2 became my #1 because of my interview day. I would schedule those ones sooner, with 3 weeks in between before the next one. Because if you get an acceptance, why go to the fallbacks? You can cancel the others and save the travel money! That's what I did.
I don't think you need a practice interview if you prepare well. Maybe put your #2 first. I don't see any point in interviewing in more than three places unless you have no idea where you wanna go!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on applying and on your interviews! I applied to five schools and although I wanted to interview at all of them it just didn't make sense financially to fly to New York/Florida when I knew I would be staying on the West Coast. I actually interviewed at my #1 (WesternU) first not really by choice but just how the dates worked out and I think as long as you are prepared you'll do great. Try to get as much practice interviewing as you can with friends and family before hand and have a good idea of what makes each school unique. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pick top 3.

Use one you are "luke warm" about as 1st interview.

Schedule proceeding ones in whichever order you want based on: travel convenience or comfort level with interviews.

^I agree with the above poster. I put my indifferent university first as my practice shot, then my top two as the next two interviews in the following week.