Decision Dates: Harvard, U.Penn, Columbia, Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geneman

The Transgenic Hobo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who are keeping tabs on the decision dates, is the following correct?

Harvard: 2/28, by mail
U.Penn: 3/1, by mail and online status
Columbia: 2/21, by mail
Cornell: 3/3-3/7, by mail and e-mail

Members don't see this ad.

From last year, the earliest someone found out from pitt was 2/26 via their student interviewer emailing.

is penn really that early? i was under the impression that we would hear more mid-march-ish...

~sg

Members don't see this ad :)
Sunnygirl,

I believe Penn's date is 3/10.

Is Columbia the 21st? There was a post on the Columbia thread saying that the decisions would be mailed out on the 24th. Either way, I guess we'll find out in the next week or so...

-R

After long after those dates are wait-list and rejection letters sent?

Also, Yale is 3/31, isn't it?

Originally posted by Redbeanmochi
Sunnygirl,

I believe Penn's date is 3/10.

Is Columbia the 21st? There was a post on the Columbia thread saying that the decisions would be mailed out on the 24th. Either way, I guess we'll find out in the next week or so...

-R

i called last thurs and they said 21st. i think other sdner, maybe wexy???, also called and they said 24th. knowing this huge east coast storm, i think it's gonna be pushed back to march 1st cuz the committes can't meet.

someone wake me up after 6 weeks. hell, just wake me up when med school starts. this undergrad thing is crampin mah style.

Originally posted by MD-2007-Gal
After long after those dates are wait-list and rejection letters sent?

Also, Yale is 3/31, isn't it?

I think they said 2nd or 3rd week of march........also dont they have to send out atelast a 100 by 3/15, since they must send out atleast as many acceptances as are students in their class..........according to last year's waitlist movemetn, they started moving people 2nd week of april..........so that's good news..........i'm assumign they'll send out all accepts, waitlist,s and rejects 2nd to 3rd week of march, all at the same time

I called Penn.... they said they'd be sending decisions out the first week of march.

where did you get the Cornell date from? I called a couple days ago and got an ambigious "sometime in March" answer :confused:

Aargh, the agony, the agony.

So...just another 11 days or so until that Harvard rejection comes in for me, eh?

Another day, another dream destroyed.

Hm - Pann's desicions coming out - no interview invite from penn = rejection from penn. bummer

it's confirmed. just called columbia at they say friday's the big mailing out day.

Originally posted by Yogi Bear
it's confirmed. just called columbia at they say friday's the big mailing out day.

from what i've read about last year's posts, the ones who got accepted got the letters the next day, or the 2nd day the latest, because it was priority mail whereas those who got waitlisted or rejected got their letters later. so i guess if the decisions are indeed all sent out on the 21st, it'll be better to not hold ur breath if the letters don't come by sat or monday.

Hey guys- priority mail - that means it'll come in one of those blue and red and white envelopes? Do those come on sat - or is that only ups that doesnt deliver on sat? I mean- reg mail comes.....Oh I sound like a boob, sorry

yeeeeeeeck

Priority mail does deliver on Saturday just like the rest of the USPS mail. The bad thing is that most adcom offices are closed on Saturdays, so if you paid for delivery confirmation and they try to deliver it, then it'll go back to the local USPS office for future redelivery. If they try to redeliver and still can't get a signature, the adcom office will have to go pick it up at the USPS office.

thanks! but i was actually asking about the reverse - i don't wawnt to send them something, apparently Columbia's letters come that way - and well, just another thing to worry about