Decision Dilemma!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atlantis1908

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've found this discussion board very helpful and I'm looking to you all for some advice. I've been accepted to 5 of the 6 schools I applied to and now am down to choosing between my top three:

Emory (MPH in BSHE- conc. in health education); Johns Hopkins (MHS in Behavioral Sciences and Health Education- Health, Behavior and Society Dept); UNC-Chapel Hill (Health Behavior and Health Education).

Any advice??? suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I've found this discussion board very helpful and I'm looking to you all for some advice. I've been accepted to 5 of the 6 schools I applied to and now am down to choosing between my top three:

Emory (MPH in BSHE- conc. in health education); Johns Hopkins (MHS in Behavioral Sciences and Health Education- Health, Behavior and Society Dept); UNC-Chapel Hill (Health Behavior and Health Education).

Any advice??? suggestions???

I don't know much about Emory, but it is close to the CDC right? So that would be a good place to go if you want experience. Hopkins is number one, so if you are looking solely for the education, go with Hopkins (I, for example, am including location as an important factor in my decision, not just education). UNC is also a top school. Also consider where you are from originally, if you want a change, and if you already have friends, family, or connections at these schools. The money they offer you is another thing to consider. Hope that helps!

I have been facing a similar dilemma. I got acceptances from Johns Hopkins, UCLA, Ohio state university, SUNY Albany and Texas SRPH, all epid programs.
For financial and personal reasons, I guess I'm going to have to choose between the latter three. If anybody has advice or any suggestions about which university to choose, they are most welcome