Decision made!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magic2026

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For being interested in family medicine or peds (i.e. not gunning for something uber competitive) I would be hard pressed to turn down full COA. The AOA sounds daunting but I can't imagine not being able to match family medicine from NYU being a problem even if you weren't at the top of the class list.

Congratulations on your cycle! Although I too loved the vibe at Northwestern, I would vote NYU. The benefits of a full-ride scholarship and a 3-year option can't be overstated, especially if you're interested in family med or meds/peds (I am too!)

And, based on your cycle results alone, you're more than capable of handling AOA 😊

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Northwestern is truly awesome, but full-ride.... sheesh, not much of a contest unless $$$ is no object.

Pick NYU no cost option. You’ll easily match any primary care you choose even without AOA. And, being lower end of pay spectrum, you’ll not only be debt free, but if you choose 3yr program and willing to stay at NYU extra three years for residency, you'll have an extra year of earning in your career to love more comfortable. You can live like a resident your first year after completing residency while employed and and the $100K extra to invest in the market, at 10% a yr S&P 500 index fund average return, you'll have an extra $1.6M in about 24 yr.

It sounds to me like Northwestern was where you felt most comfortable and supported. I would not underestimate the value of having a supportive community in medical school, especially if you are going to be far from family. Some of my friends in medical school have shared that they regret making a decision based on money and wish they went to another school where they felt they would've been happier. If Northwestern can give you full tuition, you will still be graduating from a great program with a lot less debt than most. That would be my choice.

Reactions: 1 user
NYU without a doubt.

Don't pay 160K for ✨vibes✨

Go NYU