Decision Point

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medic805

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently a undergraduate ( graduating Fall 2018) from a non-profit, private university ( with a 3.2 GPA so far).

currently in the army with 4 years in and a 2 year contract in the reserves.

I am using my T.A to graduate with a second bachelors through American Military University, Spring 2019 (slotted with a 3.9 GPA at the moment).

After I graduate in Fall 2018, I have to make a decision on where to go and am completely lost with all of the choices out there. I will have 22 months of my Post 9 11 G.I Bill remaining at graduation.

My ultimate goal is to become a Physician Assistant or DPT.

I've read through the other blogs posted on here about this topic and was wondering what current wisdom, advice and experience could be given to me.

to note:
I currently have no debt and am financially positive to include TSP, individual 401k and Stocks.
24 Years old. MOS: 68W, Medic

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am currently a undergraduate ( graduating Fall 2018) from a non-profit, private university ( with a 3.2 GPA so far).

currently in the army with 4 years in and a 2 year contract in the reserves.

I am using my T.A to graduate with a second bachelors through American Military University, Spring 2019 (slotted with a 3.9 GPA at the moment).

After I graduate in Fall 2018, I have to make a decision on where to go and am completely lost with all of the choices out there. I will have 22 months of my Post 9 11 G.I Bill remaining at graduation.

My ultimate goal is to become a Physician Assistant or DPT.

I've read through the other blogs posted on here about this topic and was wondering what current wisdom, advice and experience could be given to me.

to note:
I currently have no debt and am financially positive to include TSP, individual 401k and Stocks.
24 Years old. MOS: 68W, Medic

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

In short, finish your time in the military, say goodbye and then use your remaining GI Bill to go to a civilian PA or DPT program.

Reactions: 1 users
If you really enjoy the military lifestyle, the meetings, and the field life, the APAP does a great job prepping the PA's. The PA's have more autonomy and responsibilities than a civilian PA.
Best advice, outweigh the pros and cons about staying in.