Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reluctantoptimism

Shrews and Trucks
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble making a decision. My dilemma is as follows:

I think I should take Organic 2 and Physics 2 this summer so I can sit for the MCAT this year or early next year but I have a limited amount of funds. I could pay for classes in the summer but I'd have little money left after this expenditure. In addition, I thought if I took the MCAT at the end of this year and, G-d forbid, I didn't like my score I'd have time to take the exam again.

Does anyone have any input?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say, buy the materials and study yourself using the resources and suggested study schedules on the MCAT forum. Then you don't have to pay for an MCAT class or anything, so as long as you have enough money left over to register for the MCAT as well as the summer courses, you should be fine. I would take care of both of those things ASAP. Borrow some money from your family if you run out of money before you can find a job...then start looking for a job to help improve your financial situation.

It depends how much you value taking the current version of the MCAT. If you are thinking you are ready for this version and not the new social science one then I would say its worth spending the money and taking it this year. If not then save money and wait. Either way, I strongly recommend you take the exam only once. Don't go into it at all thinking you have a second chance. Set your date, study hard and do your absolute best. If you need to reassess later you can. Best of luck!
I'm having a little trouble making a decision. My dilemma is as follows:

I think I should take Organic 2 and Physics 2 this summer so I can sit for the MCAT this year or early next year but I have a limited amount of funds. I could pay for classes in the summer but I'd have little money left after this expenditure. In addition, I thought if I took the MCAT at the end of this year and, G-d forbid, I didn't like my score I'd have time to take the exam again.

Does anyone have any input?