Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gioia

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you accepted to more than one school (and I am proud to be of the osteopathic persuasion), how do you make your final decision?

What criteria do you use?

Members don't see this ad.

Go to CCOM..............if you didn't get in this year, try again the year after, if you don't get in then, try again............

Go to the school that you feel fit you the best!

Where would "you" be the most happy??!!

You choose the school that meets those criteria and you'll do all that much better in the long run! IMHO:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by gioia
For those of you accepted to more than one school (and I am proud to be of the osteopathic persuasion), how do you make your final decision?

I believe your deadline for the deposits (or at least for the first group of acceptees) is TOMORROW, Monday, December 15!!!!

I agree with what everyone above has said. I hope I made the right choice, but I won't find out until next year.

If Oklahoma is among your choices and you are a resident of the State, choose it. Nice $$ savings!

Originally posted by gioia

I know there was a thread on thise somewhere, but here is what it seems like most people used to decide:

1) tution/cost
2) location ~ convenience/inconvenience of moving (especially if you have a family or are in a committed or serious relationshio)
3) weather
4) sense of belonging or community at the school during the visit
5) your gut instinct
6) where you believe you would be happiest
7) rotation locations and availability of electives to go elsewhere
8) curriculum
9) how do other students perceive the school
10) remediation for failed classes and attrition rates

Good luck! I agonized over my decision. I know the feeling.

A thread I started a long time ago when I had to decide between LECOM and EV VCOM

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53039&highlight=how+to+decide

My personal advice is go where the best education is BUT is in a location where you would be happy (i.e. setting, housing, local food, entertainment) because I'm telling you right now when you step out of that building at the end of the day you don't want to be going home to an apartment you hate or can't afford and can't find anything around to do to relax.

The fact that Erie doesn't have an Indian restaurants is rediculous... Just chinese buffet's and rip-off italian places as far as the eye can see... BOOOO

Nonetheless, here I am...