Decisions Decisions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Albah

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I received an interview invite from Ponce Medical school last week (interview in March) and I am trying to decide on whether or not I should go. I have been accepted to PCOM (DO school) and I liked it very much. I know I would be very happy there if I go. But I ask myself, are you going to let this opportunity go without even trying? (maybe i don't want an interview to go to waist lol)

I was wondering if you guys had some information on Ponce...any good or bad... to help me make a decision. Also, feel free to add anything else! ;)

Thanks a lot!
Best of luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a first year student at Ponce from upstate New York I can try to answer any questions you may have.
I recommend going on all interviews in general and then sorting out your acceptances later, gives you more choices.
If your goal is to get a DO degree then go to the DO school but if you want an MD I would come here. I was sure I wanted an MD and have been happy with school so far. It's not Harvard, but they give you a solid education (it's damn hard) and they give you a lot of personal attention.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Adam

in most cases MD> or = DO...go for the MD.. Ponce is still an accredited american medical school!

To the OP:

If you want sound, non-biased advice, I would pose this question on the General Residency Forum, because most of the posters there are MS-III's, MS-IV's, or current residents. They would have the best gage on what to do, since they have already completed or are set to graduate med school soon. On the pre-boards, there is a HUGE bias against DO's on the pre-allo board and vice versa, plus most of the people on here are applicants or 1st years--so what are they gonna tell you about quality of education/residency competitiveness when they haven't experienced med school yet or just started it 3 months ago.