Decisions.... HELP!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Clink

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
As most of you know, I was just accepted at WVSOM last Thursday and therefore have pulled out of COMP. However, as my wife began looking for work in Lewisburg, she found that there was just nothing available in the entire town. Even Wal-Mart was full! (I wouldn't subject her and her teaching license to that anyway.) Now I received an acceptance from KCOM this morning! What are your opinions on this? I need help quickly so that I can pull out of a school and make another seat available for another candidate. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Although I did not apply to KCOM (You will never get me off the East Coast), it is an amazing school. The chance to study there would be a true experience.

If I were you, I would be moving there. WVSOM is probably a good school (didn't research it much myself), but from what I hear it is quite rural and pushes many of its docs in that direction.

I think KCOM offers more and will be a more rewarding experience. I think that you will generally find that sentiment from people on this message board as well.

Congrats on KCOM.

Send me a postcard from Missouri!

Hi, Dr. Clink:
Congrats to your acceptance at KCOM. Have you looked at employment ad in K'ville? Here is the link that might help you to get some idea what kind of jobs are available at K'ville.<a href="http://kirksvilledailyexpress.com/classifieds/" target="_blank">web page</a>
If finding a job for your wife will determine where you want to go, you may also want to contact KCOM and see if they can help you with that. I know they have a very good supporting group for spouse and sign others. I am sure they would love to help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ALYC! You guys have already been a great help! :D

Oops! Meant AYLC... :D

Anytime.... :D :D :D :D :D

No offense with WVSOM but go with KCOM. I'm sure you're well aware that WVSOM is a very small town with very little to do beside the medical school as you're finding out about opporunities such as employment. KCOM, in my opinion, does not focus so much on rural medicine and the city I think is more urban in nature.