Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Romeo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.3 GPA and scored a 27Q on the MCAT. I've recently been accepted to Indiana. Although Case Western is my first choice, I've been wait listed there. Yesterday, Rush called to schedule an interview, but Im not sure if I'm willing to leave Indy for Rush. Does anyone have advice? And at what point, should I forget about CWRU?

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't want to leave Indiana for Rush. Then go to Indiana. Interviewing this late, I don't know how good your chances will be anyway. Forget about Case. They are FULL!!!

More good news to come.....
!!!!MMOOODDDEEERRRRFFFF

If you don't want to leave Indiana for Rush. Then go to Indiana. Interviewing this late, I don't know how good your chances will be anyway. Forget about Case. They are FULL!!!

More good news to come.....
!!!!MMOOODDDEEERRRRFFFF

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't say forget Case; the student I stayed with when I interviewed there was also waitlisted but she got off of the wait list in June. She was an older student from out of state too. I think she said that she had written a letter to the dean and called the admissions office often to ask about the wait list/remind them the she really wanted to go there. And if you're happy with Indiana, I wouldn't bother with another interview. Good luck.

I say, unless you're hurting for money, go to all your interviews. You might actually love the other schools more if you visited it and got a feel for the campus and hospital. It's only $300 for a plane ticket and $60 for hotel. If you make that small investment now, you might be happier in the next four years.

------------------

I loved Rush when i interviewed there. It's not terribly prestigious, but it rocks as just a place to get a top notch education. It boasts the most supportive faculty i've seen yet (i've interviewed at 10 schools). It's friendly, modern, well-appointed, sophisticated, located just down the street from Cook County, happy students, etc. The students were wildly supportive of their school. GReat interviewers. Go ahead and interview, what do you have to lose? You may love it. I think of it as sleeper hit of a medical school.

Carp
(wait-listed at Rush, and SLU, and Baylor, and UT-Southwestern, but accepted at Tulane and UT-San Antonio
smile.gif
<whew>