Decrease In The Number Of Indian Dentists In US??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mam2004

"Bonerrific!"
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering whether the decrease in the number of incoming/prevalent software engineers in the US (due to the current market situation) has decreased the number of their tagged on dentist wives( :p ) in the US?
So, does this mean that the competition for IDP programs will fall in the future?
Any inputs on this issue?

Members don't see this ad.

mam2004 said:
I am just wondering whether the decrease in the number of incoming/prevalent software engineers in the US (due to the current market situation) has decreased the number of their tagged on dentist wives( :p ) in the US?
So, does this mean that the competition for IDP programs will fall in the future?
Any inputs on this issue?

Not really as an increasing number of dentists are coming from erswhile East European and Balkan countries. The actual worry is not increasing influx of Foreign Trained Dentists, but ever sliding Dollar tagged to US trade deficit. 800 Billion and 500 Billion treasury bonds are under the controll of Japan and China respectively! Let's hope for the best. :scared:

rahmed

rahmed said:
The actual worry is not increasing influx of Foreign Trained Dentists, but ever sliding Dollar tagged to US trade deficit. 800 Billion and 500 Billion treasury bonds are under the controll of Japan and China respectively! Let's hope for the best. :scared:

rahmed

i missed this part completely :confused: can you explain how does this relate to my question, as I was only asking whether the number of indian dentists (females mostly) are decreasing and whether this would help others in getting into IDP programs?

it seems like you didnt see the SDN poll on nationality. there are PLENTY of indian people here, and more to come. (>50%)