1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

defaulted student loan question, please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shan1997, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shan1997

shan1997 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

can someone give me some advice. This is totally my fault but my student loans are currently in default. I started paying for school out of my own pocket and thought as long as i was in school i did not have to start paying on my loans, i did not know i could do an in school deferrment. Long story short they want to garnish my wages. They gave me optionsof rehabilitation of my loan which is what i want to do but the amount they want me to pay are way above my means. I don't want them to think i do not want to pay because i do but they are asking for 500 a month, 300, 200 and i am currently trying to get into med school, only work PT and am not able to accept those arrangements. I told them what i am able to do but its not good enough. I told them all about my financial status to no avial. I do not want them to garnish my wages and wanted to know if anyone knows what i can do to avoid this. I figure something is better than nothing so if i at least make the effort to pay, can they do this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    duplicate thread in fin aid, so closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.