Kitana9

5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hello,
I interviewed at U of M in early February and was told that they would review my application and make a decision after they have had a chance to interview everyone. I should hear back around the end of April. I am really worried. Does this mean my chances of getting in are super slim? This is my first choice school.....GAAAA!!! what should i do?????

md5025

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
www.new.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
No, your chances aren't slim at all. I interviewed in October and they told me the same thing, but I ended up getting accepted in early February. Everyone who interviews at U of M has a solid chance of getting in, so don't lose hope. (They even accept some people in the summer)

Kitana9

5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
Thanks md! Congratulations on getting in!! Did you interview in October of 2009 or a previous year?

Kitana9

5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
Well congratulations!!! I really hope that I will be joining you in the fall....

Carboxide

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Well congratulations!!! I really hope that I will be joining you in the fall....
Remember that they interview about 150 students and accept 110, according to PHARMCAS. Therefore, your chances are fairly decent. I have heard of several people being waitlisted, and I think it's common for U of M to pull students off the waitlist in the summer.

My theory, here, is that because U of M is such a good school, they get a LOT of out of state applicants. However, if a student gets in, the deposit isn't due until May...so they may accept sparingly at first. But out of state students usually choose an in state school, so if an in-state school accepts them later they will probably decline at U of M.

There's still hope.

Kitana9

5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2010
Status
Pharmacy Student
Thanks carboxide! I thought I did so well in the interview. It was odd because it was me and another interviewee in the same room with the interviewer. They asked both of us the same questions for the most part and we both heard each other's responses. I felt that my responses were for the most part better than the other applicant's so I came out of there feeling so confident....and then I got deferred... :cry:

May 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I will be turning down my acceptance to Umich! They won't take my STATS course and I can't find any...... I'll be going elsewhere. GL Guys!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: