SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

deferred EDP cornell

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by choker, Sep 29, 2001.

1. choker

choker Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 30, 2001
    nyc
    subject line says it all. dammit. interview went well. i have heard that i have absolutely no chance of getting in regular decision now, is this true? now i am scrambling like hell to send in the other applications. do you guys think i am too late for regular?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 13, 2001
    Chicago suburbs
    Not to me it doesn't - do you mean you applied EDP and were rejected? If that's the case, I would go ahead and apply to other schools. There are still lots of people who are in the process of submitting (expecially a lot of the August MCATers). You won't be too behind if you give it a shot now. Besides, it's best to just give it a shot than to wait a whole year to try again. Sorry to hear it if you were indeed rejected EDP. Best of luck!

4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    City
    Not Rejected I believe. I think he means his app has now slid over into the regular applicant pool. That really sucks now that you have to start rushing on these others. Don't worry...you aren't screwed. Just get all the essay questions for these other schools that you are applying to off this website and do them now!!!!
    That way when they come you can finish them.
    Hell...go to the online ones and do them before they even have your application.
    I just added Cornell to my list 2 days ago..I haven't even paid for it..but i did the secondary and sent it off today! haha
    They are gonna get my full on application and letters without even knowing I am applying there.
    Hopefully they won't toss it :)

5. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Scooby-
    I want to examine your last thought. Because AMCAS is completely unreliable, I went ahead and sent my transcripts, MCAT score and committee packet to every school. When UCSF invited me to complete their secondary, they said that anything they received (transcripts/letters) would have been thrown out. I don't understand how time consuming it could be to create a file and just wait. It would seem obvious that I didn't send it there just to waste their time!! :)

Choker-
    My advice is that its not too late at all. Just hurry and do as much as possible as quickly as possible. BUT...not so quickly as to synthesize poor essay/short answer responses. Take some time on these (but not too much!) and get it done as soon as is reasonably possible. Many of the essay questions to secondaries are in this forum...I would set aside a weekend and just do as many as possible. I think you'll find that many questions are at least partially redundant and you can either recycle ideas or parts of other essays. Best of luck!