Deferred Entry Too Late to Cancel MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeekerOfTheTree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So if it is too late to cancel the MCAT and get your money back and all you have done for the past year is study your butt off....but you just recieved deferred entry for next year...should you go ahead and take it again or could it hurt your deferred entry? Because now I think I could kick its butt! However, I already have admission at a good school so why bother taking it except for perhaps a better score and more scholarship money? Help!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know the answer but your MCAT score affects how much money you get? does this apply in canada?

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know the answer but your MCAT score affects how much money you get? does this apply in canada?

I think he's talking about a merit scholarship. I highly doubt any school is going to give you a merit scholarship based on an MCAT you took a few months before matriculating. I don't think its worth it. You got in to med school, the MCAT is over, it's time to move on. When I got my scores back and realized I wouldn't have to retake, I was so relieved to be done with it. I can't even imagine trying to go back next summer and taking it again with an acceptance in hand.

Congrats on getting in!

I urge you to contribute positively to the SDN community now that you do not have to spend time studying the MCAT.