Deferring admission: worst case scenario?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adismo

covered in moon dust
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's another mind boggler (for me; my mind is easily boggled) and I appreciate any replies,

Say you want to defer admission to the following year; do you need to apply again by AACOMAS and go fetch new letters of recommendation? Any worst case scenarios (real not imagined)?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools have a deferment process. If you already know the school you want to attend and have been accepted call them to find out if they offer deferment. A deferment is a guaranteed admission to the following year's class so you do not need to reapply or anything. Simply sign on the doted line saying you will be coming. Though it also means you cannot apply to any more schools in the mean time and some require a hefty deposit.

I am kinda in the same situation: I applied to schools in my state- was accepted to a few- but I want to spend a year working on a non-profit organization I started. I am also not too sure about what school I want to attend (kinda wish had applied out of state also) So I faced with deferring or reapplying this to out of state schools too.