soren77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Status
what do we need (paperwork) to defer undergrad loans?

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2002
Status
Medical Student
I was just about to post the same question. You need to fill out a loan deferrment from (you caouls probably get one on your loan provider's wbsite), and then send that to the school you will be attending so they can confirm that you qualify for the deferrment.

Is this right?

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2002
Status
Medical Student
On second thought, I just went to my loan's website and downloaded the deferment form to send back to them.

About the Ads

Olanzapine

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
5-HT and D receptors
Visit site
Status
Contact whatever service you used to borrow money from and ask for a loan deferrment form. After they send one to you, you will need to fill it out and give it to your school's registar office so that they can confirm that you are a student at their school.

OP
S

soren77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Status
thanx for the info guys. now i have to remember which lenders i have...i'm so disorganized!

paean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
There's a program called loan finder, a link to it os available I'm sure through many different lenders, but the link I remember is from the THE loan consolidation page. If you go to northstar.org, and click on consolidation, it is in the lower left quadrant of the web page. The loan finder is especially useful if you have loans that have been sold, or if you just can't remember your lender's name from 1995.

LoanGrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Kirksville, MO
www.nowloans.org
Status
The web site you are talking about is <a href="http://www.loanlocator.org" target="_blank">web page</a>. It's a good idea to keep track of who owns your loans and make sure they have your current information.

LoanGrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Kirksville, MO
www.nowloans.org
Status
The web site you are talking about is <a href="http://www.loanlocator.org" target="_blank">loanlocator.org</a>. It's a good idea to keep track of who owns your loans and make sure they have your current information.

OP
S

soren77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Status
i checked out the website and it turns out i don't have to fill out any paperwork. suny stony brook (as well as many other schools) participates in a program where they notify lenders of loan deferment automatically as soon as a student enrolls.

once again, thanx for the info. SDN is such a great resource.

About the Ads