Definition of clinical research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelpy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think it will hurt, but I would clarify in interviews. They probably know that at this point, most people have not decided on exactly the type/field of research they will pursue. Besides, it's also in the nature of a researcher to be flexible in changing their direction of research when they see new possibilities.

kelpy said:
If you're asking for a definition, then I'd call it "quality control methods applied to patient care."

Practically, it's the refinement of treatments and the testing of new ones in the clinical environment.

Members don't see this ad :)
My definition would be doing research on a clinical setting. Thus, any research that requires the use of patients.

Am I completely wrong?

anka24 said:
My definition would be doing research on a clinical setting. Thus, any research that requires the use of patients.

Am I completely wrong?

You are right.

The OP was not trying to ask about the definition of clinical research. They replaced their post with "Thanks" after I commented on the original.