Definitive list of material that is no longer on the new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centillion

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As in what in old outlines has been removed?

Members don't see this ad.

We put together an e-book awhile back that included what you're asking about. The whole book is too large to upload to SDN, but I cut out the middle of the book and uploaded it here. Starting on about page 12-ish in the attached PDF you'll see a copy of the old AAMC outline from the old test, with cross-references to the new test. I put the new AAMC designation "1A, 4E, etc" next to the points on the old exam, and noted which topics are off the test.

Attachments

• Next Step MCAT e-book transition guide.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: 1 user
We put together an e-book awhile back that included what you're asking about. The whole book is too large to upload to SDN, but I cut out the middle of the book and uploaded it here. Starting on about page 12-ish in the attached PDF you'll see a copy of the old AAMC outline from the old test, with cross-references to the new test. I put the new AAMC designation "1A, 4E, etc" next to the points on the old exam, and noted which topics are off the test.

Hey Bryan, on that outline that you posted it seems like you included Momentum and Circular Motion as topics on the new MCAT, but the AAMC outline does not have these topics listed... do you think we should study these topics still?

Hey Bryan, on that outline that you posted it seems like you included Momentum and Circular Motion as topics on the new MCAT, but the AAMC outline does not have these topics listed... do you think we should study these topics still?

Torque is still on the test under heading 4A. You're right that Momentum is not explicitly listed and 99% you can just skip it. I left it in the outline (and in our Physics book) because it's one of those topics that helps you get a better feel for motion but if you're prioritizing your work, you should just skip it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Torque is still on the test under heading 4A. You're right that Momentum is not explicitly listed and 99% you can just skip it. I left it in the outline (and in our Physics book) because it's one of those topics that helps you get a better feel for motion but if you're prioritizing your work, you should just skip it.

Thanks! I know that torque is still on it, but what about uniform circular motion? i.e. centripetal force-type stuff. It doesn't seem to be listed on the AAMC outline.

Thanks! I know that torque is still on it, but what about uniform circular motion? i.e. centripetal force-type stuff. It doesn't seem to be listed on the AAMC outline.

Eh, I'd skip it unless you're particularly worried about physics or have a ton of extra time to color outside the lines a bit.

Reactions: 1 user