sleepy84

zzzZZZzzzz...
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
Pittsburgh PA
Status
After graduating from high school in 2003 I applied to the University of Pittsburgh with high hopes of getting into their awsome pre-med program. After not getting accepted I was completely devastated and ended up going to my "second choice" which was Point Park University (a performing arts school...ugh). So now I'm a sophomore there attempting a BS-Biology but I feel like I've just wasted these 2 years taking their pointless core classes.
Should I stay and graduate from here or transfer to some other school that is more medically oriented? Any suggestions on which schools would be good?
I don't know if that's gonna look so good on my diploma that I studied biology at a dance school...LoL. :thumbdown:
I'm from Yugoslavia and also the first out of my family to attend college so I'm basically all on my own with any questions about this pre-med process. Can someone please explain to me what exactly should be my next step after graduating with a BS-Biology from whichever school I end up at? I want to go for an OB/GYN or maybe Pediatrics; if anybody already went past this stage could you please kinda fill me in? I'd really appreciate any help I can get :)

DrYo12

Y-bomb
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2004
unfathomably much loved
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Mommmmmmm....

Can we move this to preallo?

Thanks. :)

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
NYC--->San Francisco
Status
Attending Physician
If you do well on your mcat and have solid grades on your core classes you should be fine. I have a degree in film.

didn't have a problem.

OP
S

sleepy84

zzzZZZzzzz...
10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
Pittsburgh PA
Status
i just joined the website yesterday and already made the awful mistake of putting my question on the wrong forum. geesh... :rolleyes: