Delay ERAS submission vs submit with no CK score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhillipJFry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need some advice. I am debating whether I should submit my application with no CK score or delay my submission by 2-3 weeks with a CK score. I have a subpar application so having a CK score will boost my chances. However, I am panicking about not passing the CK exam (this Monday) since my UWS1/2 scores suck compare to UW qbank scores. I was told to submit before Oct21 and just update programs when I have my CK score since some programs don't download applications a second time. Anyone has any experience with either delaying submission or submitting then updating programs? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely do not delay.

There is no "downloading" any more. As soon as you release your new transcript, programs will be able to see it. Whether you should contact programs about this is one the great ongoing debates on SDN, repeated annually. Some will say "just let programs review your app, don't annoy them". Others will say "what have you got to lose?". Many have said "I did this, and was promptly rejected".

I think much depends upon the timing. If you have a score by Nov 1, then I don't think that emailing anyone will change anything. If you don't have a score until Dec 1, then many programs may be done looking at applications and may not look any more -- whether emailing them will change that is unknown.

Reactions: 1 user